Old February 24th 04, 09:06 PM
revthoth

Default Looking for a clock

Hi all. I hope someone can help me.

I'm looking for an inexpensive dual time zone clock to keep next to my
radios and can't seem to find a good one anywhere.

Could be a wall hanging analog gig or a desktop digital. I have no real
preference other than I need something that'll keep time in UTC and in my
time zone. An atomic, radio controlled number would be nice, but not
necessary. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Keith.

Old February 24th 04, 10:33 PM
tommyknocker

revthoth wrote:

Hi all. I hope someone can help me.

I'm looking for an inexpensive dual time zone clock to keep next to my
radios and can't seem to find a good one anywhere.

Could be a wall hanging analog gig or a desktop digital. I have no real
preference other than I need something that'll keep time in UTC and in my
time zone. An atomic, radio controlled number would be nice, but not
necessary. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Keith.

atomictime.com

Plug "UTC" into the search engine and you'll come up with the clock I
use. It has two time windows that can be set anywhere from 0 to -8
(Pacific time) UTC. I use the top window for my local time and the
bottom one for UTC. The only problem is that during Daylight Savings
Time both clocks switch to DST leaving your UTC 1 hour ahead of actual.
Also, the front of the radio needs to face Fort Collins Colorado where
WWVB is located. Other than that it's nice. I paid $50 for it in April
2002, the price probably has gone up. But it's all I could find after a
thorough search on the net.

Old February 24th 04, 10:41 PM
Corbin Ray

Try Radio Shack or Wal-Mart. I've purchased atomic clocks from each.

Old February 24th 04, 11:42 PM
Incognito

Keith -- See MFJ -108B Dual 12/24 Hour LCD Desk Clock
Read both UTC and local time at a glance with our dual 12/24 hour LCD clock
that displays 12/24 hour time simultaneously!

Price: $19.95
Download the MFJ-108B Manual

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...rodid=MFJ-108B

--
Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

Old February 24th 04, 11:54 PM
Brenda Ann

"revthoth" wrote in message
Hi all. I hope someone can help me.

I'm looking for an inexpensive dual time zone clock to keep next to my
radios and can't seem to find a good one anywhere.

Could be a wall hanging analog gig or a desktop digital. I have no real
preference other than I need something that'll keep time in UTC and in my
time zone. An atomic, radio controlled number would be nice, but not
necessary. Anyone have suggestions?

I have a little desktop/travel type clock that can be set to two timezones
(local and any of the other 23 primary zones) that I don't really use. I'll
send it to you for $5 (this basically just covers Priority Mail shipping and
my gas to get to the base post office to mail it..)

Old February 25th 04, 02:48 AM
Tony Meloche

revthoth wrote:

Hi all. I hope someone can help me.

I'm looking for an inexpensive dual time zone clock to keep next to my
radios and can't seem to find a good one anywhere.

Could be a wall hanging analog gig or a desktop digital. I have no real
preference other than I need something that'll keep time in UTC and in my
time zone. An atomic, radio controlled number would be nice, but not
necessary. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Keith.

EBay. You may have to enter the search several times, like "UTC
clock", and then later another search on "Dual time clock", etc, but
you will find what you're looking for there in a hurry. Don't just
search on the word "clock" - the results would be beyond anyone's
patience to wade through.

Tony

Old February 25th 04, 04:25 AM
King

Rev,

My suggestion would be to purchase an inexpensive clock and adhesive letters
of "UTC" and place them in the center of your new clock. By doing this, you
don't have to worry about DST throwing your UTC clock off.

Old February 25th 04, 04:44 AM
Tony Hwang

"revthoth" wrote in message

Hi all. I hope someone can help me.

I'm looking for an inexpensive dual time zone clock to keep next to my
radios and can't seem to find a good one anywhere.

Could be a wall hanging analog gig or a desktop digital. I have no real
preference other than I need something that'll keep time in UTC and in my
time zone. An atomic, radio controlled number would be nice, but not
necessary. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Keith.

Hi,
MFJ sells cheap dual display clock.
Tony, VE6CGX

Old February 25th 04, 03:12 PM
David

If you're in North America, just get 2 of these:

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/exactset/rm981a.html

Old February 26th 04, 08:45 AM
Mark Keith

revthoth wrote in message ...
Hi all. I hope someone can help me.

I'm looking for an inexpensive dual time zone clock to keep next to my
radios and can't seem to find a good one anywhere.

Could be a wall hanging analog gig or a desktop digital. I have no real
preference other than I need something that'll keep time in UTC and in my
time zone. An atomic, radio controlled number would be nice, but not
necessary. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Keith.

If you have a puter or laptop near the radio, you might wanna look
into this. I've used it for over 12 years....Works great, less
filling...Good for watching grey lines, etc for any part of the world.
You can download a free working version in either DOS or windows. If
you pay, you can get a load of extra maps. I like to use the one of
Texas, and watch the sun creep across the land. It's pretty accurate.
Gives you as many time zones as you wanna punch in..They are next to
whatever city you choose for that zone. Also shows sunrise,set,
distances, etc. It's a cool program for an oldie...MK
http://home.att.net/~geoclock/

BTW, for you solar inclined...I just noticed ole Sol just belched a X
flare...
Look for a quiver in the force. MK