Old February 29th 04, 09:35 PM
Diverd4777

Several people I know have gotten the 505A and been very impressed with it.

I currently have a Sangean 606a ( Take it everywhere)
along with a SONY AN-LP 1
A Icom R-75 ( & 100 foot random Wire )
and a Jwin JX - m13 ( $13.00)

So for the time being, Am set for small radios

Will see how the " Long Awaited" Sangean 636 shakes out, when it is shipped
or whatever;
And then theres the development of the New MW / SW receiver Pete's company
( Pete KE9OA )
is working on..

Dan

In article ,
(AC Smith) writes:

Subject: Sangean ATS 505P Vs Kaito KA 1102
From:
(AC Smith)
Date: 29 Feb 2004 13:03:33 -0800

(Diverd4777) wrote in message
In article ,
writes:

I am in a fix which one of them is good choice between Sangean ATS 505
P / Kaito KA 1102 . My primary requirement is SW reception .

Anil .

An external antenna is most important here..

I just ordered a Degen 1102 from eBay. For $49.50 + 19.00 shipping, I
receive a dual conversion, SSB capable SW radio with 190 memories. It
also comes with the rechargeable batteries that charge in the radio,
ear buds with bass booster and a reel out external antenna. At the
very least, it has an external antenna input.

And the trick thing about it is that its whole keypad lights up in a
deep blue color as well as the display for night DXing.

Do a search for the seller Liypn and you will find silver and black
models together. He replied within 15 minutes of me making the
purchase, told the day he is shipping and said that packages usually
come in 7 to 10 days, which has been corroborated with other buyers I
have read here in rec.radio.shortwave.

The radio is just over 5" long!

Good luck on your decision. My other radios are a Grundig Satellit
800 and a Grundig S-350.

acs

Old February 29th 04, 09:50 PM
Mike S.

In article ,
Diverd4777 wrote:

In article ,

From: (AC Smith)
Date: 29 Feb 2004 13:03:33 -0800

writes:

[...]

Too bad everyone started thinking of this only when the competition (cheap
Degen/Kaito portables) came out.

Last year at this time, Radio Shack was closing out the last of their own
brand shortwave sets. Their version of the ATS-505 was going for $49 if
you could find one.

Old March 1st 04, 08:22 PM
DeWayne

"AC Smith" wrote in message
snip

Which color did you get? It's gotta be better than the ATS-505. I've

owned
two of them and didn't like!
DeWayne

DeWayne,

I went for the black color as my S-350 is silver, and I don't care for
it. The thing I like about
the black model of the 1102 is that it has silver buttons that will
stand out nicely against the
black - easier on my eyes!

I can hardly wait to get my package from the slow boat from China!

The pics on Ebay look very nice!
DeWayne

Adam

Old March 1st 04, 01:44 PM
Dan

You can get the Sangean ATS-909 new for $199 from Amazon. Just spring
the extra bucks and get the ATS-909. It's the top of the line
portable
and it works really great.

Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=507846

Old March 2nd 04, 12:04 AM
Diverd4777

There was probably a lost post suggesting he buy a Watkins Johnson
but nevermind...

ANY shortwave receiver is better than None
$29 . 95/100,
- Analogue, single reduction, creaky when you tune it
Stuck together with candle wax.
- Hook enough antenna wire to it & your up & running,
picking up stuff from
the other side of the surface of the earth..

Just MHO
others will strongly disagree

Dan ( Icom R-75, Jwin Jx m-14, Sangrean 606A)

In article k.net, Sanjaya"
writes:

"Dan" wrote...
You can get the Sangean ATS-909 new for $199 from Amazon. Just spring
the extra bucks and get the ATS-909. It's the top of the line
portable
and it works really great.

Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...d=1078148264//

ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl23/102
-4494931-8090527?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

wrote in message

. com...
I am in a fix which one of them is good choice between Sangean ATS 505
P / Kaito KA 1102 . My primary requirement is SW reception .

Anil .

I must have missed something somewhere.
When Anil first posted he was concerned about spending
$20 extra bucks difference between the Degen/Kaito 1101
and 1102.
Now he's going to consider buying a $200 ATS-909?????
Something's fishy here and it isn't the replies to all
the questions.

Kaito 1102 - 1101 , What's the difference ? [email protected] Shortwave 2 February 27th 04 12:25 AM
SSB on KAITO 1102 or DEGEN 1102 Kevin Hillegas Shortwave 1 February 6th 04 06:33 AM
ATS 505P v. KA1102 Jackie Shortwave 2 January 18th 04 11:11 PM
Kaito WRX-911 quality control issues? Kevin Croxen Shortwave 16 December 9th 03 04:13 PM
Sangean ATS-505P vs. YB-400PE... Sanjaya Shortwave 5 July 7th 03 06:24 PM