Old February 29th 04, 12:43 AM

Default Sangean ATS 505P Vs Kaito KA 1102

I am in a fix which one of them is good choice between Sangean ATS 505
P / Kaito KA 1102 . My primary requirement is SW reception .

Anil .
Old February 29th 04, 03:31 AM
Bruce Romero

AP says it was a tanker that exploded with 27 people on board
m...

Old February 29th 04, 09:28 AM
Sanjaya

wrote...
I am in a fix which one of them is good choice between Sangean ATS 505
P / Kaito KA 1102 . My primary requirement is SW reception .

Anil .

Your earlier posts show you are concerned about cost.
(example... the $20 difference between the DE1101 and DE1102)
So it's obvious here you should pick the DE1102, unless you
can get a Sangean ATS-505 for about $70 total cost.

Both radios are good for SW. The Sangean has better sound from
the speaker.

Old February 29th 04, 04:03 PM

"Sanjaya" wrote in message link.net...
wrote...
I am in a fix which one of them is good choice between Sangean ATS 505
P / Kaito KA 1102 . My primary requirement is SW reception .

Anil .

Your earlier posts show you are concerned about cost.
(example... the $20 difference between the DE1101 and DE1102)
So it's obvious here you should pick the DE1102, unless you
can get a Sangean ATS-505 for about $70 total cost.

Both radios are good for SW. The Sangean has better sound from
the speaker.

I wasn't sure about the use of SSB in SW radio . Sangean
costs around $120 and not $ 70 . The difference between the KA 1102
and ATS 505
is only marginal , but how about technology wise , are they both same
?

The dual conversion of Sangean ATS - 505 is not claimed on
many reviews and that's the reason I am awaiting feedback from the
experienced
members like you who can advise a novice and a new entrant like me .

Your advise is of paramount importance .

Regards ,
Anil
Old February 29th 04, 05:38 PM
Sanjaya

wrote in message m...
"Sanjaya" wrote in message

link.net...
wrote...
[...]

Kaito 1102 - 1101 , What's the difference ? [email protected] Shortwave 2 February 27th 04 12:25 AM
SSB on KAITO 1102 or DEGEN 1102 Kevin Hillegas Shortwave 1 February 6th 04 06:33 AM
ATS 505P v. KA1102 Jackie Shortwave 2 January 18th 04 11:11 PM
Kaito WRX-911 quality control issues? Kevin Croxen Shortwave 16 December 9th 03 04:13 PM
Sangean ATS-505P vs. YB-400PE... Sanjaya Shortwave 5 July 7th 03 06:24 PM