Old March 19th 04, 12:26 AM
Brian

Default RNZI

I don't think that I have ever actually heard them on shortwave, but I
listen to them at work online sometimes. From what I read on their site, I'm
not nearly in their target area being on the east coast, but I'm guessing I
could still probably catch them at particular hours and frequencies. I tried
17675 just now, if it's there at all I can't hear it over whatever spanish
language station is on 17680, which of course is not listed in Passport. Any
suggestions for a better time and or freq?

Brian

Old March 20th 04, 03:45 AM
Mike Ward

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 03:15:56 GMT, "Brian"
wrote:

Will give that a try tomorrow morning, thanks. I was able to catch a little
on 17675 for about an hour or so after which it quickly faded. By the way
have you moved already?

I never had any success with either Australia or New Zealand up that
high on the band. But I remember picking both up daily in the early
morning hours in the 9 MHz area...9580 for RA, and I think somewhere
around 9770 for RNZI.

http://www.rnzi.com/pages/listen.php

The above suggests 9885 or 9870 would be good bets for those in the
U.S. trying to snag RNZI. I listened with a very inexpensive radio
when I was a youth, in my home area of Ohio.

Mike
Old March 20th 04, 04:25 AM
elg110254

Best frequencies for Radio Australia midnight to morn along the Americas'
Pacific coast is parallel 9.580 mhz//9.590 mhz. Around that same 0800 G.M.T.
time frame, try R.N.Z.I. on 9.885 mhz. WA6020SWL P.S.:Way to
go U.O.Pacific Tigers
Old March 21st 04, 08:32 AM
starman

Mike Ward wrote:

I never had any success with either Australia or New Zealand up that
high on the band. But I remember picking both up daily in the early
morning hours in the 9 MHz area...9580 for RA, and I think somewhere
around 9770 for RNZI.

http://www.rnzi.com/pages/listen.php

The above suggests 9885 or 9870 would be good bets for those in the
U.S. trying to snag RNZI. I listened with a very inexpensive radio
when I was a youth, in my home area of Ohio.

Mike

RNZI is heard well at my location (northeast US) on their 31m frequency
most every night (well after midnight). As the days get longer you
should be able to hear RNZI and RA on 16m and 19m in the early evening.
You will probably hear RA on 15m (21740) too, if you have an external
antenna. What receiver are you using and where are you located?

RNZI reception lsu68 Shortwave 9 January 9th 04 03:26 AM
RNZI Previews #275. 29 Nov-5 Dec '03 John A. Figliozzi Shortwave 0 November 29th 03 07:59 PM
New Zealand: RNZI plans early October return to shortwave Mike Terry Shortwave 2 September 23rd 03 10:29 PM
RNZI : why don't they rent transmitter time from the Russian PTT using Vladivostock / Kamchatka relay station? http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 1 September 9th 03 04:45 PM
RNZI will be back on air : 1700 to 2115 UTC Monday to Friday @ 9580kHz starman Shortwave 1 September 8th 03 07:56 PM