Old March 22nd 04, 09:11 PM
Frank Dresser

"tommyknocker" wrote in message

[snip]

I didn't realize that Euro electronics run
on 50hz instead of 60hz, so my new "radio despertador" ran VERY fast,
with a 50 second minute instead of a 60 second minute. Oh well, I've
got it tucked away in its original box somewhere.

Is your clock digital? There may be a 50Hz/60Hz option on the chip. If you
don't mind tinkering with the thing, you may be able to find the clock
chip's data sheet on the internet.

If you're really lucky, the radio's power transformer can be rewired to work
on 120V. Sometimes the transformers used two 120 volt windings in parallel
for 120V operation, and in series for 240V operation. I wouldn't count on
the transformer option, however.

Frank Dresser

Old March 22nd 04, 09:20 PM
Brenda Ann

"tommyknocker" wrote in message
maryanne kehoe wrote:

Frank do you know of a way to use the radio here in the US? It runs on
220v and has the Soviet-style FM frequencies (54-88mhz) in the FM band
that goes up to 108. It's got the standard Euro pin-type plugs. My
converters I use when I travel overseas convert 120 to 220.

Are there such things as "reverse converters?"

Liypn, he who sells the Degen 1102's to everybody in this newsgroup via
ebay, sells the 220-120 converters that he includes with the 1102's
separately for $8 or so I believe. I have a 220-120 converter that I
bought from a local electronics store in order to run a Euro clock radio
I got on Ebay Spain because I liked its unique styling. The converter I
have was made in China but sold under the name "Great Value" or "Good
Value" or something similar. I didn't realize that Euro electronics run
on 50hz instead of 60hz, so my new "radio despertador" ran VERY fast,
with a 50 second minute instead of a 60 second minute. Oh well, I've
got it tucked away in its original box somewhere.

Many of those have a little switch inside that allows for changing between
50/60 Hz..

Old March 23rd 04, 03:34 AM
tommyknocker

Frank Dresser wrote:

"tommyknocker" wrote in message

[snip]

I didn't realize that Euro electronics run
on 50hz instead of 60hz, so my new "radio despertador" ran VERY fast,
with a 50 second minute instead of a 60 second minute. Oh well, I've
got it tucked away in its original box somewhere.

Is your clock digital? There may be a 50Hz/60Hz option on the chip. If you
don't mind tinkering with the thing, you may be able to find the clock
chip's data sheet on the internet.

Yes, it's digital, and no, it clearly says "50hz" on the back. Besides,
it's just Chinese made, not really worth playing with.