Old April 1st 04, 06:54 AM
Frank Dresser

"Dan" wrote in message

It's all about "bragging rights". "We Won The Election!" "We're In
The White House!" "We're More Popular!". Neener Neener!

It has nothing to do with "The Future Of America" or any of that
rhetoric. It's a horse race, a beauty pageant. Pure and simple.

If only that were true. This is the era of Big Government. There are
thousands and thousands of jobs to be handed out. There are billions of
dollars worth of contracts to be awarded. People will be prosecuted, or not
prosecuted, based on the outcome of the election.

That's why I gave up voting about 20 years ago. It makes no difference
who "wins" or who "loses". Any candidate will say anything to any
group in order to get elected.

It makes a great deal of difference who wins, at least for some people.
And, yes, candidates will say most anything, but they put much less in
writing.

Whatever you all decide is fine with me. Just wake me up when it's all
over.

Dan

Sorry if I gave you nightmares!

Frank Dresser

Old April 1st 04, 02:17 PM
Dan

In article ,
"Frank Dresser" wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message

It's all about "bragging rights". "We Won The Election!" "We're In
The White House!" "We're More Popular!". Neener Neener!

It has nothing to do with "The Future Of America" or any of that
rhetoric. It's a horse race, a beauty pageant. Pure and simple.

If only that were true. This is the era of Big Government. There are
thousands and thousands of jobs to be handed out. There are billions of
dollars worth of contracts to be awarded. People will be prosecuted, or not
prosecuted, based on the outcome of the election.

All of that will happen no matter who is in the White House. If the
job goes to Eany, Meany, Miney or Moe it makes little difference.

Dan

Drake R8, Grundig Satellit 650
Radio Shack DX-440, Grundig YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1936)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1935)
Old April 1st 04, 02:20 PM
Dan

In article ,
"T. Early" wrote:

Well Dan, I guess you're entitled. But if you think judicial
appointments, which are purely based on the party in power, have
nothing to do with the future of the country, or the present in which
you're living, there's not much I can say.

That's the *only* thing that *might* matter. In the long run, however,
it balances out, because you generally get 8 years of Republicans and
then 8 years of Democrats. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Dan
Old April 1st 04, 02:21 PM
T. Early

"Dan" wrote in message
In article

,
"Frank Dresser" wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message

It's all about "bragging rights". "We Won The Election!"

"We're In
The White House!" "We're More Popular!". Neener Neener!

It has nothing to do with "The Future Of America" or any of that
rhetoric. It's a horse race, a beauty pageant. Pure and

simple.

If only that were true. This is the era of Big Government. There

are
thousands and thousands of jobs to be handed out. There are

billions of
dollars worth of contracts to be awarded. People will be

prosecuted, or not
prosecuted, based on the outcome of the election.

All of that will happen no matter who is in the White House. If

the
job goes to Eany, Meany, Miney or Moe it makes little difference.

If you consider Roe v Wade, affirmative action, Miranda rights, "God"
in the pledge of allegiance, and exceptions to search and seizure
requirements to make little difference.

Old April 1st 04, 03:27 PM
David

I said ''Liberal''

The word has been turned into a put-down by the neofascists. Mr.
Franken intends to reclaim it. He uses it himself without hesitation.

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:53:47 GMT, YODAR wrote:

PROGRESSIVE MY ARSE!

Liberals dont have the COURAGE to ADMIT they are LIBERALS. They use the
PC word "progressive" in it's place because they dont have the GUTS (or
intellect)to argue (with reason instead of name-calling) their true
position on ANYTHING

Yodar

]
David wrote:

Monday March 29, 11:22 am ET
XM and Progress Media Further Political Discourse Through Humor,
Insight and Intelligent New Voices

WASHINGTON and NEW YORK, March 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- XM
Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: XMSR - News), the pioneer and leader in
satellite radio, on Wednesday, March 31, debuts XM America Left,
Channel 167, a new talk radio channel dedicated to progressive
political viewpoints. New channel XM America
Left complements XM's other talk programming which features more
conservative on-air talent, including Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity,
Michael Savage and Ann Coulter.

"We are excited to provide a national audience to progressive
superstar Al Franken and his spirited cohorts at Air America.
Challenging our listeners, and giving them the best and broadest
choices possible is our daily mission at XM. Where else are you going
to find Al Franken and Bill O'Reilly, or opera and punk for that
matter, living under one roof," said Hugh Panero, XM President and
CEO.

Old April 1st 04, 03:32 PM
David

Neither Bush nor Rush Limbaugh are the slightest bit ''conservative''.
They are right-wing wackos.

Gordon Liddy is a conservative. Ben Stein is a conservative. Both of
them called Al Franken yesterday and wished him great success.

And please give me a break about tedious bashing. ****ing Limbaugh
still whines about Bill Clinton.

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 05:53:59 GMT, "Frank Dresser"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
.. .

[snip]

"We cannot think of a better way to bring our important message
directly into the cars, homes and minds of Americans than broadcasting
on XM Satellite Radio," said Mark Walsh, CEO of Progress Media. "There
is a great underserved market of Americans who want to hear compelling
and funny talk voices expressing viewpoints long absent from the radio
airwaves. Air America on XM will go a long way to correcting this
imbalance at a particularly opportune time."

[snip]

I listened in for about an hour. Nothing but Bush bashing. Bashing
politicians is OK, but it gets tiresome. I wonder if they really have a
handle on the success of Rush Limbaugh. Rush was one of the first media
people who made it seem fun to be a conservative.

Conservatives used to be ridiculed as a bunch of uptight squares. It was
the conservatives who wrote the Blue Laws. It was the conservatives who
banned books and movies. It was the conservatives who got the vapors when
skirts went above the knee.

Rush properly turned the ridicule back on the liberals (actually it's the
progressives, but that distinction got blurred about a century ago). The
liberals tell you not to smoke. The liberals punish people who don't wear a
seat belt. The liberals say a steak is not only unheathy, but meat
production will destroy the world's environment. The modern
liberals(progressives) have become the new administrators of the nanny
state.

I think liberal talk radio could be successful. But I'm sure guilt radio
will never get past the NPR level.

Frank Dresser

Old April 1st 04, 03:53 PM
RHF

FW,

"a female interviewer was talking to Ralph Nadar and trying to
get him to admit he'd thrown the election to Bush in 2000,"

ONE MORE DEMOCRAT LIE:

Ralph Nader was NOT the difference (Numerically) in any state
between Bush and Gore when you subtract out Pat Buchanan.
[ The Negatives (RN) balanced out the Pluses (PB). ]

However, Pat Buchanan DID 'make' the "Difference Numerically"
in three states.
[ To put them in the Gore (Won) Column and the Bush (Lost) Box. ]

Just the Facts ~ RHF
..
..
= = = (Frank White) wrote in message
= = = ...
- - - - - S N I P - - - - -

I actually tuned in to this today via streaming audio. Twice.

The first time, three of the commentators were complaining about
Bush. The second time, a female interviewer was talking to Ralph
Nadar and trying to get him to admit he'd thrown the election to
Bush in 2000, and a second campaign this year might do the same
thing. She was, of course, making no headway...

I'll say this.

If I didn't hit two exceptionally dull segments, or the channel
doesn't improve fast, it's doomed because it's incredibly
BORING!!!

FW

Old April 1st 04, 04:25 PM
Frank Dresser

"Dan" wrote in message

All of that will happen no matter who is in the White House. If the
job goes to Eany, Meany, Miney or Moe it makes little difference.

Dan

Ah, you must be thinking of the Beast system. James Lloyd (ha ha ha) draws
the comparision between the Beast of the Book of Revelation and Leviathian
as described by Thomas Hobbes. I'm glad James Lloyd explains these things
to me, because I once cracked open Leviathian and promptly fell asleep.

Maybe little difference, but there is a difference. I notice that the Book
of Revelation describes two different locations for the Mark of the Beast.
Just enough for Republicans and Democrats.

Frank Dresser

Old April 1st 04, 05:59 PM
Frank Dresser

"David" wrote in message
news
Neither Bush nor Rush Limbaugh are the slightest bit ''conservative''.
They are right-wing wackos.

Gordon Liddy is a conservative. Ben Stein is a conservative. Both of
them called Al Franken yesterday and wished him great success.

And please give me a break about tedious bashing. ****ing Limbaugh
still whines about Bill Clinton.

I think Rush was at his best when he was at his best at his start, during
the first Bush's administration. Rush was more conservative and less
Republican. He was even saying nice things about such disparate
conservatives as Pat Buchanan and the libertarians.

Rush became a cheerleader for the Republican establishment just before the
1992 elections. His show still had it's good moments, but I haven't
listened much lately.

Frank Dresser

Old April 1st 04, 06:07 PM
T. Early

"David" wrote in message
I said ''Liberal''

The word has been turned into a put-down by the neofascists. Mr.
Franken intends to reclaim it. He uses it himself without

hesitation.

Nice try, Franken-phile. Hollywood Al isn't reclaiming anything--he
is your standard left-wing, one-note, Bush-bashing -modern day-
liberal who has no clue what classical "liberalism" used to be about.
He may use the term "without hesitation," but, like most things he
says without hesitation, he's wrong. The word has been turned into a
put-down very justifiably because so many of today's liberals are so
clueless about the heritage of their alleged political philosophy, as
they are about the history of pretty much everything.