Old April 3rd 04, 05:58 PM
Mike Terry

Default Powerline interference

Interesting and worrying article at

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/plc/

Old April 3rd 04, 06:45 PM
elg110254

Heard several hams ragchewing on this topic last night on 3.895 mhz! One said
that powerline internet service isn't going over so well over in Europe! More
complaints than benefits to the powerline companies. Plus, aero & governmental
agencies are experiencing h.f. interference to their com traffic! There is
technology acomin' which will make this digital piggyback system outdated upon
stateside arrival! WA6020SWL
Old April 4th 04, 03:40 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"elg110254" wrote:
| Heard several hams ragchewing on this topic last night on 3.895 mhz! One
said
| that powerline internet service isn't going over so well over in Europe!
More
| complaints than benefits to the powerline companies. Plus, aero &
governmental
| agencies are experiencing h.f. interference to their com traffic! There is
| technology acomin' which will make this digital piggyback system outdated
upon
| stateside arrival! WA6020SWL

It's been banned in Japan, deemed as unworkable due to RFI/EMI issues.
I think, maybe Holland, too? Several Euronations, at least, I reckon.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KA0PMD
Burnsville, MN

Old April 4th 04, 04:11 PM
Smokey

Good! I hope the sleezeball politicians and the corporate creeps who own
them all lose their shirts on this.

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
nk.net...

"elg110254" wrote:
| Heard several hams ragchewing on this topic last night on 3.895 mhz! One
said
| that powerline internet service isn't going over so well over in Europe!
More
| complaints than benefits to the powerline companies. Plus, aero &
governmental
| agencies are experiencing h.f. interference to their com traffic! There

is
| technology acomin' which will make this digital piggyback system

outdated
upon
| stateside arrival! WA6020SWL

It's been banned in Japan, deemed as unworkable due to RFI/EMI issues.
I think, maybe Holland, too? Several Euronations, at least, I reckon.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KA0PMD
Burnsville, MN