Old April 5th 04, 04:24 PM
DK

Default Grundig Satellit Yahoo group

I've been trying for 3 weeks to join the Grundig Satellit Yahoo group and
my membership has been pending since 3 weeks ! I have sent some emails to
the group moderator but he looks like being either blind or dumb. I do hope
he is still alive. I know the memberships must be accepted. I don't see any
reason why mine should not be. Well, that's my opinion !!! I have joined a
lot of Yahoo groups in the past, it's the first time it happens. Did anybody
experience such a delay in joining this particular group? Does anybody know
what I could do to make the process a bit faster ? I just want to use tact
and discretion !
Thanks in advance

D. Kremp
Normandy/France

Old April 5th 04, 05:15 PM
Peter Maus

DK wrote:
I've been trying for 3 weeks to join the Grundig Satellit Yahoo group and
my membership has been pending since 3 weeks ! I have sent some emails to
the group moderator but he looks like being either blind or dumb. I do hope
he is still alive. I know the memberships must be accepted. I don't see any
reason why mine should not be. Well, that's my opinion !!! I have joined a
lot of Yahoo groups in the past, it's the first time it happens. Did anybody
experience such a delay in joining this particular group? Does anybody know
what I could do to make the process a bit faster ? I just want to use tact
and discretion !
Thanks in advance

D. Kremp
Normandy/France

You need to bear in mind that some groups are private groups. And
membership is by sponsored invitation only. There is no requirement
that all membership applications be approved. The list owner is
under no obligation to include any person who wishes to join. And
often there is no reason to the approval process.

In the case of this particular group, my own membership was by
sponsored invitation, took only a couple of days and was
accomplished with a couple of e-mails.

In the case of this particular group, the list owner is often on
the road, and may simply not be available for your application. This
is his busy season. He and he alone may accept new members. So,
you may simply be in a holding pattern until he returns.

Then again, I resigned from this group nearly a year ago, so this
information may be outdated.

Inquire from the list owner. Be tactful. If you receive no
response, inquire from another member if there's a problem.

Old April 5th 04, 06:15 PM
Dan

In article ,
"DK" wrote:

I've been trying for 3 weeks to join the Grundig Satellit Yahoo group and
my membership has been pending since 3 weeks ! I have sent some emails to
the group moderator but he looks like being either blind or dumb. I do hope
he is still alive. I know the memberships must be accepted. I don't see any
reason why mine should not be. Well, that's my opinion !!! I have joined a
lot of Yahoo groups in the past, it's the first time it happens. Did anybody
experience such a delay in joining this particular group? Does anybody know
what I could do to make the process a bit faster ? I just want to use tact
and discretion !
Thanks in advance

Yeah, mine is "pending" also. It's been about 2 weeks since I tried to
join.

If this group is indeed by sponsored invitation only, then it should say
so on the home page.

Dan

Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440,
Grundig Satellit 650, Satellit 700, YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1937)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)
Old April 5th 04, 11:56 PM
RHF

DK,

Which eGroup on YAHOO ?

* The Grundig Satellit Info Group @ Members 214

* 650 · Grundig Radio Group For Connoisseurs @ Members 28

* ETON E1 XM Radio {Grundig Satellit 900} @ Members 366

* Satellit800 · News, reviews, mods and suggestions on the
Grundig Satellit 800 SW/AM/FM/VHF Air Receiver @ Members 678

* "grundigtransistorradio" @ Members 5?
NOTE: Sorry, this group is available to members ONLY.
You are not allowed to access this group.

LISTs for 'grundig' on YAHOO eGroups
http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=grundig&ss=1

hth ~ RHF

= = = "DK" wrote in message
= = = ...
I've been trying for 3 weeks to join the Grundig Satellit Yahoo group and
my membership has been pending since 3 weeks ! I have sent some emails to
the group moderator but he looks like being either blind or dumb. I do hope
he is still alive. I know the memberships must be accepted. I don't see any
reason why mine should not be. Well, that's my opinion !!! I have joined a
lot of Yahoo groups in the past, it's the first time it happens. Did anybody
experience such a delay in joining this particular group? Does anybody know
what I could do to make the process a bit faster ? I just want to use tact
and discretion !
Thanks in advance

D. Kremp
Normandy/France

..

Old April 6th 04, 03:05 AM
Brian Colwell

"DK" wrote in message
I've been trying for 3 weeks to join the Grundig Satellit Yahoo group and
my membership has been pending since 3 weeks ! I have sent some emails to
the group moderator but he looks like being either blind or dumb. I do

hope
he is still alive. I know the memberships must be accepted. I don't see

any
reason why mine should not be. Well, that's my opinion !!! I have joined a
lot of Yahoo groups in the past, it's the first time it happens. Did

anybody
experience such a delay in joining this particular group? Does anybody

know
what I could do to make the process a bit faster ? I just want to use tact
and discretion !
Thanks in advance

D. Kremp
Normandy/France

I ran into the same thing about a year ago, And was refused membership
!!!?...I hate to say this but I think he has some prejudices regarding the
country of origin. The reason are never stated, of course but I have never
run into this, in any other group I have applied to join .

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it :-)).

BMC

Old April 6th 04, 11:27 AM
R Neutron

Dan wrote in message ...
In article ,
"DK" wrote:

[...]

Similar thing happened to me but my "application" came back
rejected.... period. Must not like the way I cross my t's.
Old April 6th 04, 11:51 PM
Stinger

"Brian Colwell" wrote in message

"DK" wrote in message
[...]

I doubt it's anything as sinister as that. I think that it is much more
likely that you got rejected due to anti-spam measures gone wrong.

Recently, I noticed the moderator of the SW77 group mentioned that about 20%
of the applications for his group were spam-related. He sends out an e-mail
that you have to reply as a short note back, and you're in. Some of the
automated anti-spam measures on Yahoo Groups have been known to go on the
fritz as well.

If you included an "anti-spam measure" like you did (smartly) in your usenet
address in the post above, then the automated measures (or an admin not
paying attention) would get a bounced note and not let you in.

I suggest you re-apply using this method for dealing with Yahoo Groups:
First, open yourself a free Yahoo mail account. Then use that account to
apply for the admission to the group (after all, you could care less if it
gets spammed). Just be sure to check it until you're in.

-- Stinger

Old April 7th 04, 10:00 AM
DK

Thank you everybody for the comments & advices
Now wait and see ...
DK