RadioBanter

-   -   Well Mikey (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41984-re-well-mikey.html)

Michael Bryant April 18th 04 12:12 AM

From: N8KDV

No matter what the IQ of the Republican from Mississippi they would certainly
have
more common sense than an idiot from Kentucky who has lied about having a
PhD!

Hey, Steve, why don't you go to the Drudge website and take that IQ test in
their ad banners. I'm sure that with the wit you display in your responses
you'll score REAL high....

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

N8KDV April 18th 04 12:13 AM

From: N8KDV

Care to explain what that little technicality was that prevented you from
receiving
that PhD?

I already have. I guess you can't read very well.

You never explained the 'technicality', you only gave the lame excuse that
some fellow left Wayne State.

N8KDV April 18th 04 12:15 AM

From: N8KDV

No matter what the IQ of the Republican from Mississippi they would certainly
have
more common sense than an idiot from Kentucky who has lied about having a
PhD!

Hey, Steve, why don't you go to the Drudge website and take that IQ test in
their ad banners. I'm sure that with the wit you display in your responses
you'll score REAL high....

Is that where you took YOUR IQ test Fat Boy?

N8KDV April 18th 04 12:34 AM

From: N8KDV

Care to explain what that little technicality was that prevented you from
receiving
that PhD?

I already have. I guess you can't read very well.

And you don't lie real well do you Fat Boy?

N8KDV April 18th 04 12:32 PM

-=jd=- wrote:

On Sat 17 Apr 2004 02:24:56p, "-=jd=-" wrote
in message :

On Sat 17 Apr 2004 02:21:19p, "-=jd=-" wrote
in message :

On Sat 17 Apr 2004 01:53:25p, ocom (Michael Bryant)

From: "-=jd=-"

Is it reasonable to consider that once you completed your transition
from KY to UT, you lowered the average IQ of both locales?

Well, if you think about it a little while you might grasp the logical
error you made in your question.

Doubtful, though.

Found any more uses for baby wipes?

No, if you think about it, I put it exactly like I thought would be
most accurate.

Is your sense of humor broken today? :-)

-=jd=-

On the off chance a more prominent hint is needed, I was making a joke
about both locations...

On the other hand, don't worry about it. I just re-read where you
indicated you rely on usenet posts as a political barometer, so taking
that into consideration, I'm not sure of your sense of humor. I thought at
one point you were receptive to a bit of humor. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Now, I'm just a dumb non-college educated bumpkin, but I'll try to explain
this so even a college graduate can understand it:

In KY, your IQ (whatever it is) was higher than the average hill-billy,
ergo when you were there, your contribution to the list of scores raised
the overall average IQ score.

In UT, the average IQ is higher than yours, ergo, your contribution to the
list of scores lowers the overall average IQ.

To sum it up:
You raise the (low) average IQ of KY when you are there.
You lower the (higher) average IQ of UT when you are there.
When you transitioned from KY to UT, you lowered the average IQ of both
locales with one move.

I can try to explain it s-l-o-w-e-r, if needed...

You might have to explain it in S--P--E--C--I--A--L E--N--G--L--I--S--H.

(For the PhD challenged)

Michael Bryant April 18th 04 12:58 PM

From: "-=jd=-"

[...]

Well for one 1. You've obviously never been to Utah. 2.) Hillbillies exist
primarily in Eastern KY, not in most the state and 3. Your humor reflects on
the intelligence of someone that would need baby wipes to get oil out of his
carpet, which, BTW, makes you sound more like a hillbilly than anyone I've
recently met!

Next time, stick to jokes that are actually humorous.

Michael Bryant April 18th 04 07:40 PM

From: "-=jd=-"

Yes, from your response above, you have done a good job confirming that the
joke was right on target. However, I did not expect it to fit so perfectly
that it would sail right over your head... Twice... Do you hear slight
whizzing noises often?

The real thing is simply that your "joke" wasn't funny. If you think it was,
well that says more about you than me.

Is this "Republican" humor? Making stereotypes about whole states being
"hillbilly"? Making sexual innuendoes by labeling me a "drama-queen"?

Don't stop now. Let everyone fully grasp the humor that is uniquely
"Republican."

I'm sure your knowledge of Kentucky is extensive enough to justify humorously
branding the entire state as a bunch of hillbillies. Hey, that's REAL humor!

N8KDV April 18th 04 08:30 PM

From: "-=jd=-"

Yes, from your response above, you have done a good job confirming that the
joke was right on target. However, I did not expect it to fit so perfectly
that it would sail right over your head... Twice... Do you hear slight
whizzing noises often?

The real thing is simply that your "joke" wasn't funny. If you think it was,
well that says more about you than me.

Is this "Republican" humor? Making stereotypes about whole states being
"hillbilly"? Making sexual innuendoes by labeling me a "drama-queen"?

Are you a debate-queen then?

Sorry, just had to ask ;-)

Michael Bryant April 18th 04 09:53 PM

From: "-=jd=-"

Ok, you didn't get the humor. You have made this awkwardly apparent. So I
guess this means I'm capable of telling bad jokes. That you missed an
obviously simple joke means... what... about you?

First, my lack of response, yesterday, is more of a fact that I wasn't home to
play NG-tag. Secondly, I "got it" I also get that it just wasn't very funny or
friendly. It was somewhat offensive, but I'm guessing that your sense of humor
requires an offensive edge.

What's next? Racist jokes?

Michael Bryant April 18th 04 09:55 PM

From: "-=jd=-"

Spank you very much, "professor"!

I'm guessing that you see yourself "spanking" people all the time, at least in
your mind.

And your style of humor does eem pretty typical of Republicans, at least those
in this NG.