Old April 24th 04, 01:24 PM
Al Arduengo

Default Recording with ATS909

Does anyone do this? If so, what hardware? Is there a particular tape
recorder you use? Is there a particular way you use your PC?

Thanks for any info.
-Al
Old April 25th 04, 05:30 AM
D. Martin

Here's an idea. Hook your "audio out", from your 909, to your "audio in"
on your VCR. Set your VCR to record whatever time you need to record.
You can set the 909 to turn on, or just leave it on. Either way you'll
record what you need to a VHS tape. Darren

http://community-2.webtv.net/DEMEM/L...mes/page2.html

Old April 25th 04, 05:01 PM
Incognito

VHS Tape -- get 6 hours on a T-120 in EP (XP) mode

Also there are some T-160 and T-180 VHS tapes available -- up to 9 hours
recording
time
See Maxell URL:
http://www.high-techproductions.com/...video_tape.asp

--
Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

Old April 26th 04, 03:35 AM
radiok3pi

If I remember right, the 909 will only stay on for an hour off the
timer. a work around is to have timer 2 come on when timer 1 goes off
& the same for timer 3. This gives you 3 hours anyway. You do get a
"ker-chunk" as one goes off and the other comes off.

I use the same basic idea with a radio with a mechanical on/off switch
(like the Sony 2010), digital timer and mini-disc in standby mode
waiting for audio. Can get 5+ hours on a disc.

Old April 26th 04, 04:05 AM
uncle arnie

Al Arduengo wrote:

Does anyone do this? If so, what hardware? Is there a particular tape
recorder you use? Is there a particular way you use your PC?

Thanks for any info.
-Al

I have a versacorder 1/4 speed recorder which synchs with the radio. I've
also plugged it into a laptop and recorded via the sound card to the
harddrive, which makes it easy to burn the audio to a cd later. MP3 or Ogg
to Wav to hear in the car. Both work very well.
--
-UA

Old April 26th 04, 02:49 PM
Al Arduengo

uncle arnie wrote:
Al Arduengo wrote:

Does anyone do this? If so, what hardware? Is there a particular tape
recorder you use? Is there a particular way you use your PC?

Thanks for any info.
-Al

I have a versacorder 1/4 speed recorder which synchs with the radio. I've
also plugged it into a laptop and recorded via the sound card to the
harddrive, which makes it easy to burn the audio to a cd later. MP3 or Ogg
to Wav to hear in the car. Both work very well.

Thanks for the response. I have tried a few times to get the laptop
soundcard recording working but in all cases the result was a *lot* of
distortion, almost as if the gain was maxed out on the soundcard.
HOwever even when I reduce line-in gain to minimal, the distortion is
overwhelming the actual voice data. I have tried using both the line-in
and the recorder in jacks with equal results. Do you think I am missing
something?

-Al
Old April 27th 04, 04:35 AM
RedOctober90

Al Arduengo wrote in message ...
Does anyone do this? If so, what hardware? Is there a particular tape
recorder you use? Is there a particular way you use your PC?

Thanks for any info.
-Al

I use a Sony digital memory stick recorder, SP gives you about 2 hr 30
minutes or so... there is a longplay mode but the sound tends to be
Intermittent, haven't been able to figure that problem out.

For me, when I am spinning the knobs.. I keep the digital recorder
primed and ready to begin recording at a moments notice..

For recording shows when I am not around I use a Versacorder but that
has broken down, now I use a VCR.
Old April 28th 04, 12:24 AM
ChGeor9

For recording shows when I am not around I use a Versacorder but that
has broken down, now I use a VCR.

How do you hook up a VCR to record off the DX-398/ATS-909? I am not sure
whether my VCR will allow it, but it might be interesting for me if possible.

Charles George

P.S. For now I have Radio Shack cassette hooked up to my DX-398.