Old April 28th 04, 11:51 PM
N8KDV

Default (OT) Has Canada Gone Totally Insane?

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...2826-6669r.htm

Old April 29th 04, 12:01 AM
Diverd4777

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...2826-6669r.htm

- It would appear so.. Stoning to death, Sari Law,
raping any Women not wearing a
Shawl;
- Barbaric relics of Pre History
- Monsters..

Old April 29th 04, 12:47 AM
dont know

Diverd4777 wrote:

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...2826-6669r.htm

- It would appear so.. Stoning to death, Sari Law,
raping any Women not wearing a
Shawl;
- Barbaric relics of Pre History
- Monsters..

keep reading the whole article, I live there
so don't be so onesided
Old April 29th 04, 12:57 AM
Dave Holford

Why don't you read the article?
The key quote is:

"People can agree to resolve disputes any way acceptable,"

If you and I have a dispute and we - BOTH - agree to solve it by the
toss of a coin that is quite acceptable; probably in just about any
jurisdiction on the planet.

Dave
Old April 29th 04, 02:35 AM
m II

huh1948 wrote:

so get to know others and stop blanket statements of
hatred!

Good post.

mike

Old April 29th 04, 02:54 AM
Beloved Leader

(Diverd4777) wrote in message ...

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...2826-6669r.htm

- It would appear so.. Stoning to death, Sari Law,
raping any Women not wearing a
Shawl;
- Barbaric relics of Pre History
- Monsters..

You should have read the article:

Islamic courts get foothold in Canada

Toronto, ON, Apr. 28 (UPI) -- Muslims in the Canadian province of
Ontario can soon turn to settling disputes in their own courts, known
as sharia, the Washington post reported.

Muslim promoters of sharia arbitration said no cases have yet been
decided but the process is set. Islamic leaders created an Islamic
Court of Civil Justice last fall and it has chosen arbitrators who
have undergone training in sharia and Canadian civil law.

"People can agree to resolve disputes any way acceptable," said
Brendan Crawley, a spokesman for the Ontario Attorney General's office
said in an interview. He said the arbitration act has a number of
safeguards, including the requirement that parties enter into
arbitration only on a voluntary basis, and any decisions by
arbitrators are subject to court ratification.

Jewish courts, using similar methods, have long been operating in
Ontario. Such a court, called a Beit Din, deals with monetary,
business and family disputes, but no criminal matters.

"Jewish courts have been operating in Toronto for as long as Jews have
been here, hundreds of years," said Rabbi Reuven Tradburks, secretary
of the Beit Din of Toronto. He said he had not heard of cases decided
by arbitrators in Jewish courts that had been overturned.

The courts will oversee arbitration of civil issues, only if both
parties involved agree to the arbitration. They will have no
jurisdiction in criminal matters.
Old April 29th 04, 02:57 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"huh1948" wrote in message

a very long post with a lot of good points..

Amen

Old April 29th 04, 04:26 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

In a word, yes.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to

---

Old April 29th 04, 05:52 PM
Joel Rubin

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:51:47 -0400, N8KDV
wrote:

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...2826-6669r.htm

(Moslems can go to religious courts to settle disputes in Ontario.)

This is,

#include i_am_not_a_lawyer.h

legally, arbitration, agreed to by both sides in advance.

It is similar to Judge Judy or the Peoples' Court in that way.

Jews go to "bet din"s. Catholics have marriages annulled by religious
courts. (Of course, in the termination of a marriage the government
may feel that the kiddies have certain rights.) Businesses and labor
unions go to secular arbitration. Why should not Moslems agree to
settle civil disputes by the form of arbitration they prefer?

I assume this is already taking place in the U.S.

Old April 29th 04, 07:25 PM
LW

(Diverd4777) wrote ...

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...2826-6669r.htm

- It would appear so.. Stoning to death, Sari Law,
raping any Women not wearing a
Shawl;
- Barbaric relics of Pre History
- Monsters..

Right now it appears voluntary. In some parts of the world it's mandatory.