Old May 4th 04, 11:34 PM
Henry

Default UK - Roberts 9914, 861, 876

I fancy buying one of the above sets for my holidays around Europe.

My current receiver ( Uni-Com ) is OK but the display bears no relation to
the actual frequency which is why I want a digital tuning option.

Also I find that in the evenings I can still listen to Radio 4 on 198 LW as
far south as the Algarve on my old 3 band radio but the Uni-Com radio is
very poor on the LW band.

Does anyone have any views on the above Roberts sets regarding both SW and
LW reception?

--
~~~~~~~~~~
All the best,

Henry
~~~~~~~~~~

Old May 4th 04, 11:49 PM
YODAR

Do a google on Sangean ATS 909 and you'll see (I BET) that Robert's
premium top of the line receiver is the same thing...a darn good radio
if you have a mains adapter...it EATS batteries...as in weekly, here.

Yodar

Old May 5th 04, 12:07 AM
Henry

Yodar,

You are right - they are identical!

I will have to work out the exchange rate plus the import duty into the UK
( all items over £18 have to pay duty ) and see if it more economical to buy
the Sangean.

Thanks for the help

--
~~~~~~~~~~
All the best,

Henry
~~~~~~~~~~

. com...

Old May 6th 04, 03:44 AM
tommyknocker

Henry wrote:

Yodar,

You are right - they are identical!

I will have to work out the exchange rate plus the import duty into the UK
( all items over £18 have to pay duty ) and see if it more economical to buy
the Sangean.

Thanks for the help

You might try and see if you can buy a Degen 1102 on ebay.