Old May 25th 04, 01:20 PM
craigm

Look at the size of the dishes to answer your question.

"nsj" wrote in message
Doug Smith W9WI wrote:
Does the same thing with Ku-band analog. And *doesn't* happen with
C-band digital. (our most critical link at work is Ku-band digital; we
have a C-band digital hot standby)

Why operate within Ku-band at all, if the C-band link is more reliable?

--
Now Playing: something else

Old May 25th 04, 02:28 PM
nsj

craigm wrote:

"nsj" wrote in message

Why operate within Ku-band at all, if the C-band link is more reliable?

Look at the size of the dishes to answer your question.

But if the C-band system was running as a hot standby, they'd have to have
the C-band dish and transponder rental as well..

--
Now Playing: Wet Wet Wet - Sweet Little Mystery [128kbps mp3]
Old May 25th 04, 04:24 PM
Richard L.

In message
Doug Smith W9WI wrote:

craigm wrote:
Look at the size of the dishes to answer your question.

Why operate within Ku-band at all, if the C-band link is more reliable?

Well, not really, because our Ku-band dish is the same size as the C-band...

I have a 40cm plastic dish which receives our national services
very satisfactorily (except, perhaps, during deluges and solar
occultations). I doubt that it would have enough gain at C-band
to do anything useful here.

--
Richard L.