Old May 27th 04, 02:57 AM
dxAce

Default DX Camp-Class

I'm considering holding a DX Camp-Class here, some weekend in July.

Topics might include writing reception reports, building antennas, the
DX'ing hobby, etc.

Looking for some speakers versed in various topics.

If we can get enough folks interested perhaps some favourable rates at
local motels can be arranged.

Anyone interested please contact me.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old May 27th 04, 03:04 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"dxAce" wrote in message
| I'm considering holding a DX Camp-Class here, some weekend in July.
|
| Topics might include writing reception reports, building antennas, the
| DX'ing hobby, etc.
|
| Looking for some speakers versed in various topics.
|
| If we can get enough folks interested perhaps some favourable rates at
| local motels can be arranged.
|
| Anyone interested please contact me.
|
| Steve
| Holland, MI
| Drake R7, R8 and R8B

If you plan a get together in *2005*,
I'll be glad to give a presentation, maybe
something along the line of BCB loop
construction and low - noise HF loop
construction. I've had great success
with these antennas, and I imagine that
more than a few folks reading RRS
live in apartments, where the low - noise
qualities of a well - built loop can add
hundreds of stations to the log.

Just a thought, anyway.

73,

--
Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to

---

Old May 27th 04, 03:08 AM
dxAce

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
| I'm considering holding a DX Camp-Class here, some weekend in July.
|
| Topics might include writing reception reports, building antennas, the
| DX'ing hobby, etc.
|
| Looking for some speakers versed in various topics.
|
| If we can get enough folks interested perhaps some favourable rates at
| local motels can be arranged.
|
| Anyone interested please contact me.
|
| Steve
| Holland, MI
| Drake R7, R8 and R8B

If you plan a get together in *2005*,
I'll be glad to give a presentation, maybe
something along the line of BCB loop
construction and low - noise HF loop
construction. I've had great success
with these antennas, and I imagine that
more than a few folks reading RRS
live in apartments, where the low - noise
qualities of a well - built loop can add
hundreds of stations to the log.

Just a thought, anyway.

Well, maybe July 2004 is a bit late... I was considering broaching the
subject earlier this year but was sidetracked with other issues.

Perhaps it might be a good idea to try to get a Mid-West Dx'ers convention
going.

Just a thought, we have a few months to think it over. :-)

Old May 27th 04, 03:32 AM
dxAce

From: dxAce

I'm considering holding a DX Camp-Class here, some weekend in July.

Just hold it at your house in Holland. How's your cheetos supply?

You'll have to bring the truckload that follows you on a daily basis,
Fat Boy!

Old May 27th 04, 03:41 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"dxAce" wrote
| Well, maybe July 2004 is a bit late... I was considering broaching the
| subject earlier this year but was sidetracked with other issues.
|
| Perhaps it might be a good idea to try to get a Mid-West Dx'ers convention
| going.
|
| Just a thought, we have a few months to think it over. :-)

At any rate, I'd definitely buy in to it - I think
SWLs / DXers need something in the Midwest.

Of course, I know there's a get - together in
Madison, and I was invited, and I missed that,
too.

Doggone it, though, it sounds like great fun!

73,

SL

Old May 27th 04, 03:44 AM
dxAce

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote
| Well, maybe July 2004 is a bit late... I was considering broaching the
| subject earlier this year but was sidetracked with other issues.
|
| Perhaps it might be a good idea to try to get a Mid-West Dx'ers convention
| going.
|
| Just a thought, we have a few months to think it over. :-)

At any rate, I'd definitely buy in to it - I think
SWLs / DXers need something in the Midwest.

Of course, I know there's a get - together in
Madison, and I was invited, and I missed that,
too.

Doggone it, though, it sounds like great fun!

I think the ODXA has something going later this summer, I'm considering
attending.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B