Old June 3rd 04, 11:22 PM
Michael

Default 7190 & 7225 Tunisa revisited for comparison

06/03/04 @ 21:50 UTC

Done with R-75 and 200ft "FRANKENSTEIN"

7190; In am mode there is moderate noise and fade out. There is also a
serious heterodyne or some kind of IF causing a groan/whistle on the usb.
Signal from a low of s-3 to a high of s-8 in am. LSB is nice and clear.
Peak modulation brings it up to a max of s-6 in LSB. It is still a bit
noisy but some nr helps enough to make it practical to listen to in lsb.

7225: Solid in am mode and a fair bit cleaner then the 7190 signal. In am a
low of s-6 to a height of s-8. Good in both lsb and usb. In ssb at peak
modulation it is also a max of s-6.

I tried my PL-550 and my KA-1102 on both signals using the Tecsun external
reel antenna and found that neither radio is doing a good job of dealing
with it. Both are nothing but LOTS of noise on 7190. On 7225, you can hear
it on both radios, but it is noisy as all get out. Usually, I find that my
portables can hear most of what my R-75 can hear, but it this case, they
cant.

Clearly, 7190 has problems making it here clearly for one reason or another
compared to 7225 that is doing well on the R-75. Despite that though, in
ssb on the R-75, even though 7190 is more noisy, both come in at a max of
s-6 when they are in ssb.
--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: New Jersey
Primary Receiver: R-75 with full Kiwa mods
Antennas: G5RV, 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire
Additional Radios: KA-1101,KA-1102,PL-550,
KA-989, Info-Mate 837, GE-SR III
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Web Site: http://md_dxing.tripod.com

Old June 3rd 04, 11:37 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Currently both frequencies here are S9 to 10 over at 2230.

And I just tried them with a 10' wire inside the aluminium sided shack and get
them both at about S6.

Still a decent signal, listening in AM with the 6 kHz filter on the R8.

Old June 4th 04, 02:28 AM
dxAce

I wonder if it may be useful to do some comparisons on some other signal
arriving from different directions/frequencies?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old June 4th 04, 02:37 AM
Michael

"dxAce" wrote in message
I wonder if it may be useful to do some comparisons on some other signal
arriving from different directions/frequencies?

Sounds like a good idea... Any recommendations on what/when to check ???
I'll post a reception report.

Michael

Old June 4th 04, 02:40 AM
dxAce

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
I wonder if it may be useful to do some comparisons on some other signal
arriving from different directions/frequencies?

Sounds like a good idea... Any recommendations on what/when to check ???
I'll post a reception report.

I'll leave it up to you. Tonight or tomorrow.

Old June 4th 04, 03:05 AM
Michael

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
I wonder if it may be useful to do some comparisons on some other

signal
arriving from different directions/frequencies?

Sounds like a good idea... Any recommendations on what/when to check

???
I'll post a reception report.

I'll leave it up to you. Tonight or tomorrow.

Tomorrow night would be good. We can pick a time for me to start. Either 2
or 3 UTC. What ever is best for you. What I'll do is take the first 30
minutes of the hour and go through either the 31,41 or 49 meter bands. I'll
post a reception log by half way through the hour. This way you'll have
time to check out my report and compare how your receiving them before the
one hour time slot is more then half way over and the show is off the air.

Your pick on either 2 or 3 UTC. Your pick on either 31, 41 or 49 meter
band.

Michael

Old June 4th 04, 03:11 AM
dxAce

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

Let's do 2 UTC and 31 meter band.

We can always check the others later on.

Or we could select various targets, and do them in real time together.

Either way, it might be interesting.

Old June 4th 04, 03:37 AM
Michael

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

Real time is fine....

We can do a few now....

9330 BCQ In at s-15+ Sounds like someone talking about doomsday asteroid.

9370 WTJC s-8 and getting splashed from 9375

9375 Greece coming in at s-8 but fades out at times.... getter a heterodyne
from WTJC

9410 BBC peaks at s-10 .. good signal mimimal noise and fade...

9420 Greece again... S-9 but modulation is diminished

9435 Slovakia (I think) s-9, little noise, great modulation....

9460 Turkey... gets as high as s-20 Awesome signal

9505 getting crushed by 9510 so I need to listen in ssb

9510.... Sounds like BBC in a slavic langiage.... heterodyne here from
9505... I think I also here somthing else going on here...

9520 not sure what this is... in a slavic langiage.. news program... peaks
at s-7 and has some fade out... noise floor pops up at times... possible VOA

Old June 4th 04, 03:42 AM
Michael

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

Here is one more.... This is one that I'm not pulling in too good

9960 VOR from, I think... Armenia ??? Peaks at only s-6. Serious noise
floor popping up. Even the kiwa mod sync looses this one at times.