Old June 8th 04, 09:15 AM
longwave

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
longwave wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article , John Barnard

history of standing up to the Russians. Budapest in 1956 and
Czechoslovakia in 1968 come to mind and it was a shame that the USA
decided to abandon those countries and do nothing. The Solidarity
revolution was a Polish revolution which had NOTHING AT ALL to do
with Reagan or the USA. Brenda Ann quite rightly pointed out that the
Poles and the East Germans stood up to the Russians of their own
accord. Poland, out of all the Eastern European block, has always had
the stones to fight back a little and retain some measure of
autonomy.

I've always liked Reagan but he sure as hell didn't have anything to
do with the Solidarity revolution.

Sorry go back and read it yourself. We outspent Russia in the arms race
bankrupting them. When Russia lost the arms race Gorby negotiated the
current state of affairs with Reagan. That's why things changed. The
Polish Solidarity was a help but not the reason. Besides Reagan gave aid
and assistance to the Solidarity union and other opposition groups in
eastern europe.

Neither you nor anyone else can pull this revisionist bull**** on me. I
saw this happen in real time.

You saw what you wanted to see. No single president should get the
credit for winning the arms race. We outspent the USSR for more than
forty years. Every president since Truman contributed to the ultimate
collapse of the USSR. Reagan happened to be president when the end came.

How can you say that I saw what I wanted to see? No one knew how things
were going to turn out. Stinking Liberals were calling Reagan an out of
control cowboy "Ronald Ray Guns" because they though he would start WW3
confronting the Russians. Reagan built up the military and forced the
Russians into bankruptcy trying to keep up. The eastern europeans saw
their chance to throw off the yoke of communism with the Russians in
their weakened state.

I meant you see it now how you want to see it. There was never any
guarantee that confronting the Russians would not start WW3. Reagan was
fortunate to have a counterpart in the Soviet Union (Gorbechev) who was
willing to negotiate honestly. If it had been a hard liner like Stalin,
he would have laughed in Reagan's face, no matter how much we spent on
defense.

Reagan didn't just "happen to be there." He had a sense of destiny and
a job to do that took guts facing down the Russians and the left wing
in this country like Kerry that just wanted to give up and negotiate
with the Russians from a weak position.

You are right that it did not start with Reagan but he did finnish it.
If Kennedy was not assassinated he might have done it but Johnson,
Nixon, Ford and Carter didn't do it. Clinton would not have done it
either.

All of those presidents continued the nation's commitment to stand up
against communism but they couldn't have caused the collapse of the USSR
during their presidency because the Russians were still too strong to be
bankrupted by an increase in our defense budget. Reagan came along at a
time when the USSR was experiencing serious domestic problems both
economic and political, mainly caused by the war in Afghanistan, which
turned out to be their 'Vietnam'.

Through will and conviction he challenged the Russians forcing them to
focus on us in the arms race. It was world class poker game and Reagan
didn't bluff. The Russians finally ran out of money with a economy that
could not keep up with ours. Weakened from the effort they gave up the
hold they had on eastern europe since WW2 and the cold war was
basically ended.

The Russian's finally ran out of money after decades of the cold war,
not just the Reagan years.

Old June 8th 04, 11:30 AM
dxAce

Curmudgeon wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:46:59 -0400, dxAce wrote:

David wrote:

Your average American lives in a big fantasy construct and has a very
inaccurate idea of what is really happening. This is the way they are
nurtured and trained from a very early age. Luckily, I am wired
differently and can see the machine.

Yep, you Liberal's are just sooooo much smarter than anyone else.

Where did he say he was smarter?

He didn't, 'tard. I was making an observation. You do understand that, don't you, 'tard?

Old June 8th 04, 02:51 PM
David

I'm not a liberal. I am a wide-awake Patriot.

I don't if I'm smarter than you. But I did learn to observe
objectively in High School from a really excellent old-school
journalism teacher.

If you watch TV for the news, you are brainwashed and should not be
allowed to vote.

wrote:

David wrote:

Your average American lives in a big fantasy construct and has a very
inaccurate idea of what is really happening. This is the way they are
nurtured and trained from a very early age. Luckily, I am wired
differently and can see the machine.

Yep, you Liberal's are just sooooo much smarter than anyone else.

Boggling!

Old June 8th 04, 08:26 PM
dxAce

Curmudgeon wrote:

David wrote:

Your average American lives in a big fantasy construct and has a very
inaccurate idea of what is really happening. This is the way they are
nurtured and trained from a very early age. Luckily, I am wired
differently and can see the machine.

Yep, you Liberal's are just sooooo much smarter than anyone else.

Where did he say he was smarter?

He didn't, 'tard. I was making an observation. You do understand that, don't you, 'tard?

And you did understand this, didn't you?

If he appears smarter than you to you it is probably because you are one of those average Americans he was talking about.

Try not to think about it too much Stevie. Your thought capabilities are obviously limited.

And you just keep on doing what you do best, not thinking at all!

See ya, 'tard.

Old June 8th 04, 10:35 PM
dxAce

mrhangster wrote:

Where has Bryant gone?

My guess is he's on holiday before the summer session starts at his school.

Old June 8th 04, 11:00 PM
dxAce

Curmudgeon wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:06:16 -0400, "mrhangster" wrote:

Where has Bryant gone?

After enduring weeks of off topic spam posted by the entities known as Steve Lare and Michael Bryant several complaints were sent to Stevie's service
provider by several individuals in this newsgroup. The next day both Mikey and Stevie mysteriously stopped spamming the group. Steve posted a bunch of
test messages as N8KDV to make sure his posting ability was still intact as did Mikey but the spam stopped. Stevie has since resumed posting but he
now is much more respectful toward the users of this group because he knows that he will lose his internet access if he so much as posts anything that
remotely resembles spam. Mikey, on the other hand never resumed spamming the group and stopped posting all together The general consensus is that
Michael Bryant and Steve Lare were one in the same person. Steve knows that the masquerade is over and doesn't want any more problems so he has
retired the Michael Bryant character.

I am keeping an eye on Lare and if he steps out of line he will get another SPNAKING.

Up your ass, cocksucker!

My service might just be watching you, 'tard!

Old June 8th 04, 11:15 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Curmudgeon wrote:

[...]

How was that for some 'respect' 'tard?

BPL Comments of President Bush in Minneapolis on April 26th KØHB Dx 36 April 28th 04 06:59 PM
BPL Comments of President Bush in Minneapolis on April 26th KØHB Policy 16 April 28th 04 06:59 PM
George Bush OT Twistedhed CB 2 April 10th 04 12:32 AM
Bush Caters to the Extremist Right Wing Wilf Kelly Scanner 0 July 1st 03 11:12 AM