Old June 22nd 04, 02:00 PM
Steve

BBC - "Short wave listening is in long-term decline "

Gee, do you think they paid vast sums to some consultants to figure this
out?

-Steve

Old June 22nd 04, 02:25 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

I listen to the BBC any time I want in digital high fidelity via XM
and Sirius.

What do you pick up via your tin foil hat?

Old June 22nd 04, 05:37 PM

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:14:12 -0400, "T. Early"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
.. .
One slight inaccuracy and the world came down on them. If that
doesn't speak to the fact that they are credible I don't what would.

Well, characterizing the Hutton Report's findings as dealing with a
"slight inaccuracy" speaks volumes about credibility--yours, that is.
Or do you think that BBC Chairmen usually resign on the basis of
"slight inaccuracies."?

The fact that what the journalist in question (Andrew Gilligan)
claimed has subsequently proved to be entirely correct seems to have
escaped your attention.

"Hutton - washes whiter than ANY known powder..."
Old June 22nd 04, 06:25 PM
T. Early

wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:14:12 -0400, "T. Early"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
.. .
One slight inaccuracy and the world came down on them. If that
doesn't speak to the fact that they are credible I don't what

would.

Well, characterizing the Hutton Report's findings as dealing with a
"slight inaccuracy" speaks volumes about credibility--yours, that

is.
Or do you think that BBC Chairmen usually resign on the basis of
"slight inaccuracies."?

The fact that what the journalist in question (Andrew Gilligan)
claimed has subsequently proved to be entirely correct seems to have
escaped your attention.

Care to elaborate? It would appear the report speaks for itself or
has that escaped your attention? Does this mean that those who
resigned in disgrace will be taking their jobs back?

"Hutton - washes whiter than ANY known powder..."

I sense a certain lack of specifics. Oh well.

Old June 23rd 04, 03:09 AM
RHF

= = = David wrote in message
= = = . ..
I listen to the BBC any time I want in digital high fidelity
via XM and Sirius.

..

So David,

You subscribe to both XM and Sirius ? ?

Which one do you prefer ? ?

iwtk ~ RHF

..
Old June 23rd 04, 05:19 AM
Conan Ford

Well, of course BBC shortwave listenership is in decline. It doesn't help
that the BBC has cut a lot of their broadcasts--I assume that helps cut
down on the listeners. If the decline is only about 3%, in the face of the
internet, I'm impressed.
Old June 23rd 04, 02:34 PM
David

Sirius music is awful but the News and Talk are pretty good.
Unfortunately, they pre-empt Talk for lame Sports at night.

They do have all the big International broadcasters and PRI and some
NPR, the BBC, etc.

XM has very good music.

On 22 Jun 2004 19:09:25 -0700, (RHF) wrote:

= = = . ..

.

Old June 23rd 04, 02:34 PM
David

Isn't BBCWS listenership going up in the USA?

Old June 23rd 04, 09:36 PM
RHF

= = . ..

wrote:

Well, of course BBC shortwave listenership is in decline.
It doesn't help that the BBC has cut a lot of their broadcasts
--I assume that helps cut down on the listeners.
If the decline is only about 3%, in the face of the internet,
I'm impressed.

David,

Yes "Listenership" is Up for th BBC-WS; but the message is the
medium and the medium is 'local' Public FM Radio and TV Cable
and TV/Radio Satellite Broadcasting.

Two key Target Market Groups:
* Young College Students via FM Radio
* Early Adapter {Affluent} Households via Cable & Satellite

~ RHF

..