Old July 21st 04, 10:55 PM

Default Halifax area DXers -

I am going to be in Halifax, Nova Scotia
for a couple of weeks this summer.

-looking for tips on picking up transatlantic MW and
LW stations from Europe.
Will pack a Sony 7600G or a Yacht-Boy 400PE
and might pre-ship a small frame loop to the hotel.

Thanks -

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
www.coffeecrew.com Canada's original resource for the Coffee lover.
rnewell AT vcn DOT bc DOT ca
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Old July 22nd 04, 02:05 AM
Michael Black

) writes:
I am going to be in Halifax, Nova Scotia
for a couple of weeks this summer.

-looking for tips on picking up transatlantic MW and
LW stations from Europe.
Will pack a Sony 7600G or a Yacht-Boy 400PE
and might pre-ship a small frame loop to the hotel.

Thanks -

Don't they traditionally use kites there, from Signal Hill, for that
transatlantic stuff? And of course, some have argued that Marconi
did not receive long waves in 1901, but harmonics in the shortwave.

Michael

Old July 22nd 04, 06:09 AM
Jack Painter

wrote
I am going to be in Halifax, Nova Scotia
for a couple of weeks this summer.

-looking for tips on picking up transatlantic MW and
LW stations from Europe.
Will pack a Sony 7600G or a Yacht-Boy 400PE
and might pre-ship a small frame loop to the hotel.

Thanks -

Watch out - Coast Guard Halifax will probably shake the solder loose on a
portable using an external antenna in their neighborhood!

Their signal on 2182 is strong all the way to Virginia Beach, VA even in the
daytime! St Anthony, Sudbury and St John can do the same.

Good hunting,

Jack

Old July 22nd 04, 07:46 AM
starman

Jack Painter wrote:

Watch out - Coast Guard Halifax will probably shake the solder loose on a
portable using an external antenna in their neighborhood!

Their signal on 2182 is strong all the way to Virginia Beach, VA even in the
daytime! St Anthony, Sudbury and St John can do the same.

Good hunting,

Jack

Reminds me of when I vacationed with my family on Cape Cod (1966) near
the transmitters of WCC. There was so much RF in the air I had to cool
my fillings with a mouthful of water. :-)

http://members.aol.com/WN1ION1967/wcchistory.htm