Old August 22nd 04, 02:59 PM
Steve St. Denis

Default How to stop all the bad posts on newsgroups/if you really want to !

The problem with these people who post to newsgroups that have nothing to do
with the news group subject and all the porno posts is very easy to fix if
you really want to, First understand that these people don't care about our
hobby amateur radio or shortwave, all they want to do is get you ****ed off
so you will reply to their posts this is the game they play, If you really
want to fix this problem and help everyone on this group this is what you do
and this works for any newgroup.

DON'T reply to these peoples posts, this is exactly what they want you to
do, by replying to these fools all you do is give them a platform to play
their little games, also by getting mad and posting replies you make the
situation worse for everyone. First what I have done is go through all the
posts on the newsgroup and click on the post that offends you once it is
highlighted in Outlook Express all you do is click on the Message tab and
click on BLOCK SENDER, do this to everyone of the post you don't want to see
again, it will only take a little time to do and at the end you have a clean
newsgroup with posts that have to do with the subject the group was started
for. What even makes things worse are all the people who get mad and post
replies to these posts, what you end up doing is making things even worse
for everyone now instead of having one bad post you have several bad posts
form many people, what I have had to do is go in and block all the peoples
post who reply to these bad posts, It's bad enough having these people
posting to the newsgroups but then you have several people replying and this
is making it even worse, so sadly I have had to BLOCK ALL POSTS from people
who reply to these bad post to clean up the newsgroup.

Now every time I receive new post on this group at least 99 % of all the bad
posts are gone and the problem of people replying to the bad posts is fixed,
once in a while when a new fool posts to the group and someone thinks they
have to reply to the post I just BLOCK both of them. The problem is fixed
and now I can enjoy the newsgroup.

If you really care about cleaning up these newsgroups and helping good
people like yourself please think about this. Regards to all you out there.

Steve

(ps) there really is no reason to reply to this post, all I ask is you think
about what I have said. !

[...]

You're French, right?

dxAce

Old August 22nd 04, 06:26 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Steve St. Denis" wrote in message
| The problem with these people who post to newsgroups that have nothing to
do
| with the news group subject and all the porno posts is very easy to fix if
| you really want to, First understand that these people don't care about
our
| hobby amateur radio or shortwave, all they want to do is get you ****ed
off
| so you will reply to their posts this is the game they play, If you really
| want to fix this problem and help everyone on this group this is what you
do
| and this works for any newgroup.

| DON'T reply to these peoples posts, this is exactly what they want you to
| do, by replying to these fools all you do is give them a platform to play
| their little games, also by getting mad and posting replies you make the
| situation worse for everyone. First what I have done is go through all the
| posts on the newsgroup and click on the post that offends you once it is
| highlighted in Outlook Express all you do is click on the Message tab and
| click on BLOCK SENDER, do this to everyone of the post you don't want to
see
| again, it will only take a little time to do and at the end you have a
clean
| newsgroup with posts that have to do with the subject the group was
started
| for. What even makes things worse are all the people who get mad and post
| replies to these posts, what you end up doing is making things even worse
| for everyone now instead of having one bad post you have several bad posts
| form many people, what I have had to do is go in and block all the peoples
| post who reply to these bad posts, It's bad enough having these people
| posting to the newsgroups but then you have several people replying and
this
| is making it even worse, so sadly I have had to BLOCK ALL POSTS from
people
| who reply to these bad post to clean up the newsgroup.
|
| Now every time I receive new post on this group at least 99 % of all the
bad
| posts are gone and the problem of people replying to the bad posts is
fixed,
| once in a while when a new fool posts to the group and someone thinks they
| have to reply to the post I just BLOCK both of them. The problem is fixed
| and now I can enjoy the newsgroup.
|
| If you really care about cleaning up these newsgroups and helping good
| people like yourself please think about this. Regards to all you out
there.

| Steve
|
| (ps) there really is no reason to reply to this post, all I ask is you
think
| about what I have said. !

Wow. That's, um....helpful and stuff.

Click...click...PLONK

Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to

---

Old August 22nd 04, 08:16 PM
Telamon

In article ,
"Steve St. Denis" wrote:

The problem with these people who post to newsgroups that have nothing to do
with the news group subject and all the porno posts is very easy to fix if
you really want to,

Snip

Yeah it works like this...

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 24th 04, 02:37 AM
CW

It always helps to post an off topic message outlining steps (that everyone
knows already) to take to avoid reading off topic posts. It's almost as
effective is asking the trolls to stop annoying people.

Old August 24th 04, 04:56 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"CW" no adddress@spam free.com wrote:

It always helps to post an off topic message outlining steps (that everyone
knows already) to take to avoid reading off topic posts. It's almost as
effective is asking the trolls to stop annoying people.

"Steve St. Denis" wrote in message
The problem with these people who post to newsgroups that have nothing to

Snip

Heck, this guy is a known Troll. He just posted this to be... well never
mind.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

You cannot stop the AKC. [email protected] name CB 0 December 4th 04 03:31 AM
This still applys today Landshark CB 21 October 7th 04 07:44 AM
stuff for all hams [email protected] General 0 December 19th 03 07:31 PM
ALL MUST READ!!! Reg1647 CB 54 December 18th 03 06:08 AM