Old September 6th 04, 11:46 PM
Jim Douglas

Default Receiver Location In Posts

Does anyone else ever wonder where someone is physically after reading some
type of reception post? Sometimes I read that Bill or Joe has received a
station clearly but when I attempt I get alot of nothing. I am always
wondering where Bill and Joe are located and what that has to do with the
reception and my lack of.

Thanks

--

Jim Douglas
http:\\www.genesis-software.com

Latitude 32.5818
Longitude -96.5412
Elevation 497

Old September 7th 04, 01:59 AM
Mark

Yes, a logging is of limited usefulness if the UTC time and receiver
location is not included!

Mark.

Old September 7th 04, 02:20 AM
Michael

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
Does anyone else ever wonder where someone is physically after reading
some
type of reception post? Sometimes I read that Bill or Joe has received a
station clearly but when I attempt I get alot of nothing. I am always
wondering where Bill and Joe are located and what that has to do with the
reception and my lack of.

Lots of posters seem to have all their info in their signature....

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: New Jersey
Primary Receiver: R-75 with full Kiwa mods
Antennas: G5RV, 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire
Additional Radios: KA-1101,KA-1102,PL-550,
KA-989, Info-Mate 837, GE-SR III
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Web Site: http://md_dxing.tripod.com

Old September 7th 04, 05:09 PM
RHF

= = = "Jim Douglas" wrote in message
= = = news:wN5%c.310151$eM2.86382@attbi_s51...

Does anyone else ever wonder where someone is physically after reading some
type of reception post? Sometimes I read that Bill or Joe has received a
station clearly but when I attempt I get alot of nothing. I am always
wondering where Bill and Joe are located and what that has to do with the
reception and my lack of.

Thanks

JD,

What you say (write) is true.

But it is much simpler to simply give the City, State, and Country.
* Vice the Global Coordinates:
* Latitude: 32.5818
* Longitude: -96.5412
* Elevation: 497
My Guess would be in the region of: DFW Metro Area, TX, USA ?

The RST (Readability - Signal Strength - Tone) Standard of Reporting
- by L. B. Cebik, W4RNL
RST= http://www.cebik.com/rst.html
RST= http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-code.htm
RST= http://www.qsl.net/w5www/rst.html
RST= http://www.radioing.com/hamstart/rst.html
RST= http://www.larc.on.ca/rst.htm
RST= http://homepage.ntlworld.com/k.r.martin/rst.htm

Shortwave Reception Reports "S-I-N-P-O"
SINPO= http://www.techweb.rfa.org/form/sinpo.html
SINPO= http://www.odxa.on.ca/beginnersguide/swreports.html
SINPO= http://xrs.winradio.com/sinpo.htm
SINPO= http://www.koshko.com/radio/sinpo.shtml
SINPO= http://www.techweb.rfa.org/form/dx.html

Sending AM/MW Band Radio Reception Reports
- by Don Cassel, VE3BUC
http://www.kwarc.org/swl/mw_send.html

How Musch Is An "S" Unit
- Jurgen A. Weigl, OE5CWL
http://www.oe5.oevsv.at/basteln_js/t...erte/sunit.pdf

My Signal Meter is Bigger than Your Signal Metter...
- by Bob Ellis
http://www.aoruk.com/guide/g10.asp

AFM: Currently listening to 6.020 MHz 10:45 UTC
- Papua New Guinea News & Information via Radio Australia ?
http://www.em.com.pg/index%20page%20.../imgmappng.jpg

Icom IC-R75 Kiwa Mods @ S9+20dB/S5 (RST=59) [SINPO=55455]
Outdoor 10M (33Ft) "Flat Top" {Low Noise} Random Wire Antenna
- Litz Wire (50x41AWG) Antenna Element
- TV Matching Transformer {300 Ohms to 75 Ohms}
- 75 Ohm Coax Cable Lead-in
- "F" to SO-239 Adapter {R/S # 278-258C}

Sony ICF-2010 @ S7/S1 (RST=58) [SINPO=55545]
Indoor 10M (33Ft) "Inverted Delta" Loop Antenna
- Litz Wire (50x41AWG) Antenna Element
- Audio Coax Patch Cord with 1/8" Mono-Plug

~ RHF
Location = OK-Land, Cali-4-Ni-A, USofA
Metro-Area = SF Bay Area
Geographic Region = Northern California

..

This still applys today Landshark CB 21 October 7th 04 07:44 AM
How to stop all the bad posts on newsgroups/if you really want to ! Steve St. Denis Shortwave 5 August 24th 04 04:56 AM
a page of motorola 2way 2 way portable and mobile radio history john private smith Policy 0 December 22nd 03 02:42 AM
stuff for all hams [email protected] General 0 December 19th 03 07:31 PM
ALL MUST READ!!! Reg1647 CB 54 December 18th 03 06:08 AM