Old September 22nd 04, 06:56 PM
Michael Bryant

Default A Nice Guy

Just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Steve Lare. It's amazing how actual
human contact is so different from computer-mediated communication. I really
believe that if Steve and I were living on the same street, we'd be pretty good
friends. I enjoy Steve's knowledge of radios. I wish there was someone, here,
that I could hang out with that shared my love of radios the way Steve seems
to.

Look, Steve, I'm sorry about the long chain of events that led to us being so
diametrically opposed in this NG. I'm taking you out of my killfile. I want
access to your SW knowledge. I promise not to ridicule your political posts.
Feel free to drop me an email if you think I'm going over the top on anything
else.

Hope we get a chance to talk again.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A,
Degen 1102, Degen 1103, GE SRll,
Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nospam" to reply)
Old September 22nd 04, 07:00 PM
dxAce

Michael Bryant wrote:

Just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Steve Lare. It's amazing how actual
human contact is so different from computer-mediated communication. I really
believe that if Steve and I were living on the same street, we'd be pretty good
friends. I enjoy Steve's knowledge of radios. I wish there was someone, here,
that I could hang out with that shared my love of radios the way Steve seems
to.

Look, Steve, I'm sorry about the long chain of events that led to us being so
diametrically opposed in this NG. I'm taking you out of my killfile. I want
access to your SW knowledge. I promise not to ridicule your political posts.
Feel free to drop me an email if you think I'm going over the top on anything
else.

Hope we get a chance to talk again.

Thanks, it was nice to talk to you.

Steve
Holland, MI

Old September 22nd 04, 07:25 PM
Al Arduengo

dxAce writes:

Michael Bryant wrote:

[...]

WTF? Is this for real? If so I may just upgrade my outlook on
humanity.

-Al
Old September 22nd 04, 07:33 PM
dxAce

Al Arduengo wrote:

dxAce writes:

Michael Bryant wrote:

[...]

Yes, I can verify that we did indeed have a nice conversation.

dxAce

Old September 22nd 04, 10:15 PM
MnMikew

"dxAce" wrote in message

Al Arduengo wrote:

dxAce writes:

Michael Bryant wrote:

[...]

Somewhere in hell there is a snowball not melting. Glad you two patched
things up.

Old September 22nd 04, 10:39 PM
m II

Michael Bryant wrote:

Well, Al, you COULD help the process of newsgroup detente by letting Telamon
know that I recently bought a Degen from you.....

Al? Detente? AlDente? Or is that too biting a comment?

mike
Old September 22nd 04, 10:49 PM
Al Patrick

Mike,

I'm sure I don't agree with either of you on everything and don't expect
you to agree with me on all things. However, after reading your message
below I thought I'd pass on something to the group about ol' Steve.

Some time back (? 2 years) I had need of a foot / leg to go on the base
of a Drake R8. I mentioned it on r.r.s. and Steve emailed me that he'd
send me one. He didn't expect anything for it. It was just lying
around his shack and he knew I needed one so he volunteered to send it
to me.

I told you privately, Steve, but now (somewhat late) I'm telling you
publicly. THANKS for the R8 foot! :-)

Al