Old October 17th 04, 04:06 AM
K1AJ

Default AFRTS ON 7507 GONE SILENT

Recently AFRTS now AFN was changed to 7507.5, 5446.5, and 12133.5. 7507 has
gone silent no doubt because they were getting hammered by the religious BC on
7505. The web site still lists 7507 as being active, but it has been silent for
about a month now. Any body know of any new frequencies? tks
Old October 17th 04, 07:27 AM
Lucky

"K1AJ" wrote in message
Recently AFRTS now AFN was changed to 7507.5, 5446.5, and 12133.5. 7507
has
gone silent no doubt because they were getting hammered by the religious
BC on
7505. The web site still lists 7507 as being active, but it has been
silent for
about a month now. Any body know of any new frequencies? tks

YES YES

I asked about this weeks ago. It seems to me after one of the hurricanes,
the Puerto Rico tower might be down. But what about the others? I live in
Florida and can't even get the Key West station. I don't know what's going
on. I did faintly pick them up on 5446.5 last week.

Now, there is some religious BS on 7507. I used to love to listen to it. It
was really nice.
Now all these doom and gloom religious types are taking over the waves,
asking for money.

Lucky

Old October 17th 04, 01:30 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

"K1AJ" wrote in message
[...]

You obviously haven't been listening for a very long time. The doom and gloomers
have been asking for money for quite some time now.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old October 17th 04, 04:31 PM
Steve

"Lucky" wrote in message ...
"K1AJ" wrote in message
[...]

I hear AFRTS best on 9980 and 12133.5 khz.

Steve

AFRTS Pearl Harbour John Plimmer Shortwave 34 October 26th 11 04:51 PM
Armed Forces Radio & Television Service (AFRTS) William Anderson Broadcasting 1 October 20th 04 03:45 AM
No More AFN on 7507?? Lucky Shortwave 0 September 18th 04 05:20 AM
AFRTS OFF 7507 ?? WA1HRJ Shortwave 0 September 15th 04 03:15 AM
AFRTS 7507 USB Off Freq? Tom Holden Shortwave 8 February 17th 04 09:10 AM