Old November 7th 04, 03:50 PM
RHF

= = = (Bill) wrote in message
= = = om...

I'd like to add a question to this post, if I may.
My EF-SWL is on backorder. I have heard that there are two
different reception characteristics depending on horizontal
or sloping installation. Can anyone tell what the suggested
angle of the sloper installation is, and what the direction
of best reception is in each?
Thanks!
Bill

BILL,

Read - PAR Electronics EF-SWL Antenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/1666
Setting-Up the Ground Connection

The general 'directivity' of a Sloper is toward the Bottom-End.

Doing-the-Math on "Sloper" Antenna Installation of the Par EF-SWL
Antenna with an Antenna Wire Element that is 45 Feet long.

If the Bottom-Mounting-Point is at or near Ground Level:

* When a Sloper is Rigged at 45 Degrees then the
Top-Mounting-Point would be set at 32 Feet.
The Ground "Foot-Print" of the Sloper would be 32 Feet.

* When a Sloper is Rigged at 30 Degrees then the
Top-Mounting-Point would be set at 23 Feet.
The Ground "Foot-Print" of the Sloper would be 39 Feet.

In either case, if you 'elevate' the Bottom-Mounting-Point by X Feet
then the Top-Mounting-Point needs to be 'elevated' by X Feet.

The Par EF-SWL Antenna can be Rigged as a "Sloper" using a Top
or Bottom Feed-Point.

* The Bottom-Feed-Point allows for the 'placement' of an 8 Foot
Ground Rod at the Bottom-Feed-Point and by leaving about a Foot
of the Ground Rod above ground level the Par's Matching Transformer
can be Mounted directly on the Ground Rod. If conditions are
right; you can run the Coax Cable Feed-in-Line alone the Ground
directly under the Antenna Wire Element as a Ground Reflector.

* The Top-Feed-Point allows for the 'placement' of an 8 Foot
Ground Rod at the 'base' of the Top-Feed-Point. Run/Route the
Ground Wire Straight UP to the Top-Feed-Point and connect it to
the Par's Matching Transformer. If conditions are right; you
can also run a a Ground Reflector Wire directly under the Antenna
Wire Element. NOTE: If you can not install a Ground Rod at
the base of the Sloper's Top-Feed-Point and are relying on the
Coax Cable Feed-in-Line as your Ground 'connection'; then try
running/routing the Coax Cable Straight UP from the Ground to
the Top-Feed-Point.
..
..
iane ~ RHF
..
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond - The Beyond !
..
..
Old November 9th 04, 01:00 AM
Bill

(RHF) wrote in message . com...
= = =
(Bill) wrote in message
[...]

.
.
iane ~ RHF
.
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond - The Beyond !
.
.

Thanks!!! This helps me make location plans for when the antenna arrives.

Bill