Old November 9th 04, 04:14 PM
Mark S. Holden

"John S." wrote:

I think that Ebay can be a good place for buyer and seller to connect
if you take a few precautions. For instance as a buyer I avoid
sellers with less than 99% positive feedback and look for buyers with
an established record.
As a seller I give more leeway in negative feedbacks before turning a
buyer down. I won't ship before payment has cleared.

It makes sense to read the negative feedbacks a person gets - sometimes it's obvious the person who left it is a crackpot. Sometimes it's less obvious, but the person leaving the neg has a bad reputation.

"I paid yesterday, where's my stuff?"

"Bum left me a Neg because I didn't pay"

Obviously negs related to fraud or deception are cause for concern.
Old November 9th 04, 05:54 PM
DeWayne

"T. Early" wrote in message

A while back I had bidded on a Drake R8A. I had the high bid until the
last 30 seconds when gottahaveit1995 nabbed it. Since then I have read
about some shady tactics of RadioMart. Now I'm wondering if they/he were
working together.

DeWayne

Did you check RadioMart's later auctions for a "like new" R8A?

I didn't know anything about RadioMart at the time. I wonder if that info
can still be found somehow.

DeWayne

Old November 9th 04, 11:02 PM
John S.

Yes, up to a point. If a seller has accumulated several negatives in
the past 60 days, I'm more concerned that enough people have had a bad
experience than I am with the particulars. Besides there is one
certainty on Ebay...there will always be another of that same item.

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message ...
"John S." wrote:

I think that Ebay can be a good place for buyer and seller to connect
if you take a few precautions. For instance as a buyer I avoid
sellers with less than 99% positive feedback and look for buyers with
an established record.
As a seller I give more leeway in negative feedbacks before turning a
buyer down. I won't ship before payment has cleared.

It makes sense to read the negative feedbacks a person gets - sometimes it's obvious the person who left it is a crackpot. Sometimes it's less obvious, but the person leaving the neg has a bad reputation.

"I paid yesterday, where's my stuff?"

"Bum left me a Neg because I didn't pay"

Obviously negs related to fraud or deception are cause for concern.

How would you improve your CB? [email protected] CB 275 January 20th 05 03:27 PM
Beware- New Ebay "Spoof": Email Fraud David Stinson Boatanchors 26 November 1st 04 12:27 AM
EBAY SELLERS BEWARE Bunia3 Shortwave 5 September 18th 04 02:31 PM
ebay message? hoax or real? AO KD5FXT Equipment 18 February 24th 04 11:58 PM
WTB: Original box for Superadio II Frank Bals Shortwave 4 September 12th 03 02:14 PM