Old December 9th 04, 12:26 AM
D. Martin

I've got radios, and I've got headphones. I use the radios, the
headphones see no usage. I remember the first pair of headphones my
folks bought for me. I had wanted them, a friend had a pair, so I
figured I needed some too. That was a long time ago. Unless you can't
get any volume out of the speakers, I see no purpose for headphones.
Maybe, if my neighbors complained more often, I'd strap on a set. Darren

http://community-2.webtv.net/DEMEM/L...mes/page2.html

Old December 9th 04, 02:04 AM
Stinger

"D. Martin" wrote in message
I've got radios, and I've got headphones. I use the radios, the
headphones see no usage. I remember the first pair of headphones my
folks bought for me. I had wanted them, a friend had a pair, so I
figured I needed some too. That was a long time ago. Unless you can't
get any volume out of the speakers, I see no purpose for headphones.
Maybe, if my neighbors complained more often, I'd strap on a set. Darren

http://community-2.webtv.net/DEMEM/L...mes/page2.html

Well, Darren -- one word: PORTABILITY. I think you'd look pretty
ridiculous walking through an airport carrying your speakers to listen to a
radio. Speakers, of course, have their use. But then again, so do
headphones.

The Kaito is a very reasonable size, and gets better FM stereo than most
Walkmans I've heard. The SW is a real bonus as well.

-- Stinger

Old December 9th 04, 03:34 AM
D. Martin

Well, I'm in complete agreement concerning the Kaito 1101. The little
speaker is loud enough for me to hear in my work truck, and I like that.
There's a time and place for headphones, but hopefully, not if I can
help it. Darren

http://community-2.webtv.net/DEMEM/L...mes/page2.html

Degen portables - Continuous cov'g? Carl - w5su Shortwave 6 July 14th 04 06:57 AM
Why I chosen Degen over Kaito Corbin Ray Shortwave 8 March 8th 04 11:35 PM
Degen 1102 arrived today!!!!! Corbin Ray Shortwave 47 March 2nd 04 08:40 AM
Degen DE1103 Corbin Ray Shortwave 2 February 29th 04 03:05 PM
() Degen shortwave radios from China Daniel Rosenzweig Shortwave 7 August 5th 03 10:51 AM