Old December 10th 04, 09:01 PM
Mike

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:42:23 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

Also, I have read elsewhere that Rush's AQH is about 3 million. Is
this correct?

That is the range. His cume is much higher.

I believe the widely accepted cume for Rush is around 20 million per
week.

Mike
Old December 10th 04, 09:03 PM
Michael Lawson

CSI? Who knows. I used to watch such quality but unwatched
shows like "Misfits of Science". ;-)

--Mike L.

"David" wrote in message
Mediocrity always attracts big numbers. What's #1 on the TV? Who
watches that ****?

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:47:15 -0500, dxAce

wrote:

David wrote:

How many if you include Sirius, XM and the WWW?

Not as many as Rush has!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:42:23 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 69...
Quoth "David Eduardo" in

news65ud.31286
:

The AQH on AA on radio is less than 250,000.

Really? That's very interesting information, thanks.

Sampled when? The most recent quarterly book?

October trend. And I gave benefit of the doubt for the non-rated

markets
like Key West. The actual measured figure is probaby more like

175,000.

I'd also be very interested to know what the AQH is for the
individual programs.

Subscribers are not allowed to release this data publically.

Old December 11th 04, 01:20 AM
Rich Wood

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:47:01 -0500, "lsmyer"
wrote:

This headline made it sound like Air Amerika had gotten some type of public
funding, but it was just more money being pumped in by its investors.

Hmmm.... I thought commercial radio was supposed to be funded by
commercials. Or maybe that's only when it produces a commercially viable
product.

Even the most viable neo-conservative product needs seed money from
investors. A new network often takes 3 years or more to turn a profit.
Sorry to disappoint you but that's just how business works.

Rich
Old December 11th 04, 02:12 AM
Rich Wood

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:05:01 +0000 (UTC), Tom Betz
wrote:

I believe the widely accepted cume for Rush is around 20 million
per week.

David, just so we can be comparing apples to apples, what's AAR's
combined cume?

Legally he can't tell you that . The only data ARB releases for
general consumption is overall share, not dayparts or hourlys.

To get that figure you'd have to subcribe to all markets (as major
networks and agencies do), know the stations and exact times the
show(s) air and feed them into a program like Marketron.

Rich
Old December 11th 04, 03:57 AM
Mike

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:07:40 +0000 (UTC), Tom Betz
wrote:

It will be interesting to see how that has changed a year from now,
after the addition of DC, LA, Chicago, Cincinnati (and probably by
then, Detroit and Cleveland, at least).

If AAR is going to appear in Cleveland anytime soon, you know
something I don't. We've picked this apart elsewhere...there's just
no likely outlet for liberal talk in the market, save for distant
rimshot signals, or if Radio One brokered talk WERE/1300 flips.

Mike

Old December 11th 04, 03:59 AM
Mike

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:12:10 -0500, Rich Wood
wrote:

David, just so we can be comparing apples to apples, what's AAR's
combined cume?

Legally he can't tell you that . The only data ARB releases for
general consumption is overall share, not dayparts or hourlys.

The 20 million figure for Rush has been out there for some time... I
think he's even mentioned it on the air a few times himself. And I'm
sure it's been in the trade magazines. The figure is a few years old,
actually.

As for AAR...who knows?

Mike
Old December 11th 04, 04:57 AM
RHF

DAVID,

The 'laregest' NUMBER of average/common/everyday "People".

..
Nothing More -&- Nothing Less [.]
..
its so simple - hey, why didn't i think of that ) ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 11th 04, 06:45 AM
David Eduardo

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 69...
Quoth Mike in
news
wrote:

Also, I have read elsewhere that Rush's AQH is about 3
million. Is this correct?

That is the range. His cume is much higher.

I believe the widely accepted cume for Rush is around 20 million
per week.

David, just so we can be comparing apples to apples, what's AAR's
combined cume?

There is not much, as most affiliates came late in the summer book or are
coming on now. The cume is, guessing based on the markets I have full data
for, around 2 million for the whole day. WLIB has about 460,000 and the rest
are progressively (no pun intended) smaller.

Old December 11th 04, 01:21 PM
David

How is this figure calculated. Total listens divided by 96?

Randi Rhodes is #1 in some markets in key demos, is she not?

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 06:45:11 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
.69...
Quoth Mike in
news

Old December 11th 04, 01:24 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

How is this figure calculated. Total listens divided by 96?

Randi Rhodes is #1 in some markets in key demos, is she not?

Which market, 'tard boy...? The A&P?

LMAO at the stupid 'tard.

Now go tote your Sirius portable, and get the &^%$ out of rec.radio.shortwave.

dxAce
Michigan
USA