Old December 15th 04, 03:00 AM

Default Drake R8B group on Yahoo

There are so many Drake R8B's floating around out there, and so many
people who love them; yet there's no Yahoo group devoted to the R8B,
its effective use, troubleshooting, modifications, etc.

Or at any rate, there wasn't until a few days ago. I've started a group
called DrakeR8B. If you're interested in the Drake R8 line and would
like to share your interests and wisdom with others, please join the
group.

Some of you folks have *extremely* valuable expertise. Please use that
expertise to help others (like me). Your insight will always be
appreciated and, if enough people join the group, it could turn out to
be an excellent resource for everyone.

Thanks,

Steve

Old December 15th 04, 03:45 AM

Not a darn thing! I'll join right now!

Steve

Old December 15th 04, 07:27 AM
RHF

CM,

What is 'wrong' with the group is . . .

What is "Right" with the Radio )
..
stta (something to think about) ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 15th 04, 12:59 PM

craigm wrote:
What was wrong with the existing R8 group?

Hmmm. Not a darn thing. I'm not sure why I didn't turn it up in the
first place, but I can't wait to sign up!

Thanks,

Steve

Old December 15th 04, 05:00 PM
RHF

CRAIGM,

First problem is locating the name of the eGroup:

The owner/moderator should make it "DRAKE-R8"
This then 'allows' for a "Search" on 'drake' and/or 'r8' .

-or-
{Best} DRAKE-R8-R8A-R8B=
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Drake-R8-R8A-R8B/
NOTE: YAHOO! Groups does allow the use of "C"apital "L"etters and
Hyphens (-) in the eGroup URLs. This makes it both 'easier' to
"Search" and to "Read".

eGroup "Searchable" Naming EXAMPLES:
{Formerly} Grundig Satellit 900 =
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grundig-Satellit-900/
Grundig S350 {Tecusn BCL-2000} =
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grundig-S350/
Grundig Yacht Boy Radios =
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grundig-Yacht-Boy-Radios/
Shortwave SWL Antenna =
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
[ Hey Thats Me :]

Second the eGroup's [Message Archive] is PUBLIC so anyone can
come-and-go and "Read" the Messages without Joining the eGroup. This
is good for Lookie-Lews; but is NOT good for building eGroup Membership
and "Community".

..
hth ~ RHF
..