Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 16th 04, 07:46 PM
Jim Leder

Most newer TVs use switching power supplies and some generate bad RFI when
just plugged in, they don't need to be switched on. Another source is PC CRT
monitors. Same kind of power supply and same kind of RFI. I have a 17 inch
Cybervision on PC #2 in the basement and it generates enough RFI hash to
render much of the AM broadcast band useless when it's plugged in.

"Brian" wrote in message
nk.net...
Well, it's been a long time coming, but the mystery is solved, and can you
believe in the end it was just a TV. I think someone even suggested it may
be a television, and I nearly disregarded the idea for it's simplicity.
Well, it looks like I can finally get back to enjoying my radio as I
haven't
in a good while. Thank you to everybody for your help and suggestions. 73,
and now for some good dx.

-Brian