Old December 18th 04, 11:09 AM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Lucky wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it one of a kind????

Lovely early home audio center, but not at that price. There are too
many other good looking receivers that are comparably styled and have
the same deep sound for a fraction of that price.

Hi
I don't know if it's one of kind, but it's in great condition judging from
the looks and what the seller describes. Remember it's 65 years old.
A collectors item. Now these bidders are the real hard core radio McCoys.
Scroll all the way down and look at all the great pictures. It's a pleasure
to look at.

65 years old? More like late 1970's early 80's. Still, for a collector of such
things it may be worth the price.

I was referring to the Panasonic!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 18th 04, 11:35 AM
Lucky

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

Lucky wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Oh OK

I was not going to correct you either! Beautiful rig that chrome job eh?

BTW, good morning

Lucky

Old December 18th 04, 12:58 PM

No doubt...it is a nice looking radio and a nice piece of furniture
too. I understand how collectors focus on and appreciate details that
are not apparent to most of us. I was at an auction not too long ago
where an attractive but otherwise unremarkable pembroke table went for
$350,000 because it had a makers label. Without that label it might
not have reached 1/10 that price. The buyer and seller are certainly
happy with the radio deal, and that is what counts for them.

Old December 18th 04, 05:23 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

Lucky wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

It sure is pretty.

Good afternoon.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 18th 04, 11:33 PM
friendsane

You can find Superradios cheap at flea markets and outdoor weekend swaps.
When the public sees them they think they're like any other cheap portable
radio, so only those who know what they are see their value. I have two
Superradio I, two Superradio II (one boxed), a Superradio III, and several
Radio Shack versions and probably have less than $50 invested in all of
them. A few months ago I found a bit ratty, but perfect working Superradio I
for $2 at a weekend drive in swap meet. For some odd luck a local swap meet
dealer who I know always picks up at least one Superradio I or II during the
winter months each year and I usually end up with it for $5 or so.

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...

Seeing old stuff like this sell for so much makes me want to sell my
Superadio II that I found at a pawn shop for $7 a few months back. I bet
it would fetch enough to buy a Superadio III and some change.