Old December 21st 04, 09:22 PM
RHF

It All Ended Well . . .
..
This eBay Auction Ended with a Final Price of $700
and there are Five (5) Bids.
..
..
Top Three Bidders we
#1 "Winner" - ratnews (France)
#2 - ten1972 (Nederlands)
#3 - circuit_cat (USofA)

..
that is all ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 21st 04, 09:26 PM

$700 is just plain stupid to me

Old December 22nd 04, 02:49 AM
running dogg

DeWayne wrote:

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...

RHF wrote:
DeWayne,
.
This eBay Seller seems to have a Gold Mine
filled with Sony ICF-2010 Receivers )
.
Auction Listing has 12 very nice pictures of the radio.
.
~ RHF

OMG $700. I thought I'd seen some whoppers on Ebay but this is just TOOOOOOO
much!

The Sony 2010 originally sold for $350 or so, IIRC. I remember paying
$200 for a brand new, in the box, Japan made one in 1999 or so via an
online radio swap site. I got rid of it a year later-traded it for a
Yaesu FRG-8800, which I still use as my main DX radio. The 2010 was a
good radio, but my tabletop still beats it hands down. Anyway, that 2010
on ebay sold for about TWICE what it cost new only a few (five or so)
years ago. I can understand the collector value of a rare Collins or
Hammarlund, but a Sony 2010 isn't that old, and its technology is a
little outdated by 2004 standards. On top of that, there were a zillion
made over 20 years, so it isn't that rare. Only an ebay nut could pay
double what a modern radio cost new. One last thing: I once saw a 1950s
Zenith clock radio go for over $1000 on ebay. And the picture in he
listing was fuzzy, too!

.
.

Up-Date - Now with Two Hours To Go . . .

The Auction Price is up to $660 and there are two (2) Bidders.
.
watching, Watching. Watching ! ~ RHF
.
.

Old December 22nd 04, 11:41 AM
RHF

FWIW - The last time one of these "New-in-the-Box" Sony ICF-2010
Radios was 'bid-up' on eBay above $600. The two High Bidders
were both from South America.

that's all folks ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 22nd 04, 11:54 AM
RHF

IIRC - The Highest Price that I can remember for a Sony ICF-2010 Radio
..
NEW IN BOX Sony ICF-2010 Shortwave Receiver {12 Pictures}
Had a "Buy-It-Now" Price of $800 and SOLD for $800
..
..
~ RHF
..
..

Sony 2010 system for sale mike maghakian Shortwave 3 October 13th 04 03:03 AM
CHEAP SONY 2010 REPAIR Smokey Shortwave 23 March 28th 04 03:48 PM
Sony 2010 help please Rob R. Shortwave 6 February 4th 04 11:45 PM
Opinions pls: Sony 2010 or Sony SW07 Rob R. Shortwave 2 January 2nd 04 12:01 PM