Old December 26th 04, 06:06 AM
RHF

Default OT How close are we to true fascism? How did we get here?

DaxiD,

I am sure that within your Mind "True Fascism" Exists.
..
Fortunately 'we' do not have to live within "Your" Mind.
..
DaviD - It may be a mad,,, Mad... MAD !!! World . . .
But We Do Not Have To Go Crazy Thinking About It [.]
..
..
something to think about ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 26th 04, 02:51 PM
David

''In Sinclair Lewis's 1935 novel "It Can't Happen Here," a
conservative southern politician is helped to the presidency by a
nationally syndicated radio talk show host. The politician - Buzz
Windrip - runs his campaign on family values, the flag, and
patriotism. Windrip and the talk show host portray advocates of
traditional American democracy as anti-American. When Windrip becomes
President, he opens a Guantanamo-style detention center, and the
viewpoint character of the book, Vermont newspaper editor Doremus
Jessup, flees to Canada to avoid prosecution under new "patriotic"
laws that make it illegal to criticize the President. ''

.

Old December 26th 04, 02:55 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

''In Sinclair Lewis's 1935 novel "It Can't Happen Here," a
conservative southern politician is helped to the presidency by a
nationally syndicated radio talk show host. The politician - Buzz
Windrip - runs his campaign on family values, the flag, and
patriotism. Windrip and the talk show host portray advocates of
traditional American democracy as anti-American. When Windrip becomes
President, he opens a Guantanamo-style detention center, and the
viewpoint character of the book, Vermont newspaper editor Doremus
Jessup, flees to Canada to avoid prosecution under new "patriotic"
laws that make it illegal to criticize the President. ''

Of course you meant to say that he fled to CanaDuh.

You're getting off to a roaring start today 'tard boy. Keep it up.

LMAO at the delusional 'tard.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 26th 04, 03:11 PM
RHF

DaviD,
..
Let me check my Calender - Yep its 2004 (almost 2005).
..
But you are right in 1935 we had FDR as the US President
and during his administration, he did set up Interment Camps.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/fr32.html
..
not just something out of a fictional book
but the hard truth and reality of history ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 26th 04, 03:49 PM

I am a Conservative Southron old Republican boy.Gawd almighty! I shudder
to think if TRAITOR! al gourdhead or TRAITOR!!! kerry had got elected!
cuhulin

Old December 26th 04, 04:17 PM
David

You'd rather have a Connecticut Yankee who pretends to be a cowboy?

Consider, for just a few seconds, that you have been lied to by the
corporate elites, and that they (not the ''liberals'') control the
media and use it to keep you in the dark about what's really going on.

Old December 26th 04, 04:19 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

You'd rather have a Connecticut Yankee who pretends to be a cowboy?

What the heck, you pretend to be sane, 'tard boy.

Now go tote it and get the hell out of here.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 26th 04, 04:22 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

You'd rather have a Connecticut Yankee who pretends to be a cowboy?

You'd rather have a Massachusetts 'tard boy who pretends to be a hero?

LMFAO

dxAce
Michigan
USA