Old January 11th 05, 06:40 PM

I remember seeing San Francisco in the early dawn light on our way back
to the land of the Big PX from Vietnam in December of 1964.I had stepped
up to the U.S.Air Force Aircraft cockpit.
'tard' boy,who let you out of your closet?
cuhulin

Old January 11th 05, 08:06 PM
bpnjensen

Hey, screwloose, who you callin' 'tard boy? I asked an on-topic
reasonable question with some back up information, and that's the best
you can do?

BTW, get something original instead of borrowing insults from dxAce all
the time (who ultimately borrows from God-knows-who) ;-).
I get noise on SW *and* on RRS, I guess...

Bruce Jensen

Old February 2nd 05, 03:14 PM
elg110254

Bruce, their retorts are generic & unimaginative! Most even revel in their
ignorance! To paraphrase Bill of Stratford, they "signify nothing"! ... As for
your B.B.C. drownout, do you have overhead power lines which also carry cable
delivery? Digital cable harmonics might be your enemy. Back in Jan. of ' 01,
when tuning into Ticket 1050 for the Raiders/Ravens A.F.C. Championship
game(seems ages ago), got an intermittant piercing buzz on 1.050mhz(& harmonic
multiples). Trying to switch sidebands on the Sony 2010 did't cure that
interference. Complained to the local cable company to no avail. For whatever
reason, it finally ceased in early '03! If that rfi was a portent of what
powerline-delivered broadband will curse us with, God help swls all! Have
noticed, though, that B.B.C. Africa Service on 6.005mhz from Ascencion Island
gets a similar buzz-out to what you're refering to here in Sactown.
Old February 2nd 05, 03:37 PM
elg110254

Coccoon, you've provided more than enough evidence you're a professional punk
bitch grasping for asshole aspirations! Furthur cementing your ignant
sack-o-**** status, were you really in da Force, you'da landed in either
Hamilton A.F.B. in Marin County or Travis A.F.B. in Solano County. Not S.F.
International! Ya played yerself, semon swiller!!! I remember seeing San

Old February 2nd 05, 03:43 PM
dxAce

elg110254 wrote:

Coccoon, you've provided more than enough evidence you're a professional punk
bitch grasping for asshole aspirations! Furthur cementing your ignant
sack-o-**** status, were you really in da Force, you'da landed in either
Hamilton A.F.B. in Marin County or Travis A.F.B. in Solano County. Not S.F.
International! Ya played yerself, semon swiller!!! I remember seeing San
Francisco in the early dawn light on our way back
to the land of the Big PX from Vietnam in December of 1964.I had stepped
up to the U.S.Air Force Aircraft cockpit.

I remember seeing San Francisco in the early dawn light on our way back
to the land of the Big PX from Vietnam in December of 1964.I had stepped
up to the U.S.Air Force Aircraft cockpit.

Did he say he landed at San Francisco? I can't recall. Or did he just say that he
'saw' San Fransisco.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 2nd 05, 05:44 PM

Gee,thanks for your "nice comments". The Airplane I went to Vietnam in
the first week of 1964 was a Pan American Airplane.We took off from San
Francisco Airport at around 11:00 PM that night and we stopped at
Anchorage Airport for breakfast and so the Airplane could refuel,I
remember seeing a big stuffed Polar Bear in the lounge area at Anchorage
Airport.From Anchorage we stopped at Hong Kong Airport for about half an
hour and then on our way to Tan Son Nhut Airport a few miles North of
Saigon.The next morning we were on our way to Can Tho to have our
paperwork filed there.We spent the night at Can Tho and then to Shannon
Wright Compound near Ving Long.I spent one year in Vietnam
www.114thaviationcompany.com and on our way back to America,we came
back to San Francisco Airport in a U.S.Air Force Airplane,(Pan American
Aircraft had been banned by then because of Vietcong attacks) we spent
the night at Yokota,U.S.Air Force Base in Japan.I spent four days and
nights at Oakland Army Terminal,Oakland,California waiting on going to
Vietnam.I was at Shannon Wright Compound for about three months and I
got transfered to Tan Son Nhut,same Company. www.tsna.org
The same year,my brother (he was eight years older than I am) was a
Helicopter Mechanic at Vung Tau,his second Tour Of Duty in Vietnam
following a year in Germany.I did not get Drafted,I joined the U.S.Army
on October 28,1962.I did my three years in the U.S.Army and I went back
to civilian life.

........D-Day Larry

Old February 2nd 05, 05:54 PM

You are not the first to spit on me and curse me for serving my Country.
cuhulin

Old January 11th 05, 10:36 PM
running dogg

bpnjensen wrote:

Running dogg, when you say "N. California location," where is that?
Near SF?

Sacramento. Close enough.

I am near SF (East Bay) and I get scores of seemingly random noises
across 5 - 10 MHz. 49m is especially bad for weird unidentifiable QRM.
Some of it sweeps (moves up and down the frequency scale), or changes
pitch while maintaiing a single RF.

I know that practically the whole 49m band is filled with weird QRM at
my location. It's so bad that the BBC is practically unlistenable most
nights on 5975-I have to use 9525 even though that freq has problems of
its own.

I get intermod junk from local 50kW MW stations. Bad in wet weather
when the ground improves.

On 9525 I'll get some other signal that occasionally wipes out the BBC
for several seconds at a time. Usually it's talking in Spanish, but a
couple nights ago it was American sounding jazz music, sounded like that
"soft jazz" muzak stuff that seems to be a popular FM format nowadays.
The transmitting tower of a soft jazz FM stn is near my location. But
that doesn't explain the Spanish.

I also get screwy stuff that just comes on and off. Some of it fades
in and out like the HF signals, so some of it may be far away.

Also get the usual streetlight junk, too - that's fixable.

Bruce Jensen

Noise Figure Measurements Steve Kavanagh Homebrew 25 October 20th 04 04:14 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM
Automatic RF noise cancellation and audio noise measurement JGBOYLES Antenna 25 August 11th 03 01:07 AM
Remodeling with fluorescent lights - HF noise ahead? John Brown Antenna 4 July 19th 03 05:39 PM
CCIR Coefficients METHOD 6 REC533 // AUCKLAND --> SEATTLE http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 0 July 16th 03 08:21 AM