Old January 11th 05, 10:01 AM
dxAce

m II wrote:

RHF wrote:

MII - In CanaDuh its Fifty La Grand ;-) ~ RHF

La? Must be the female of the species..as in 'Lare'

'Le' is the male gender.

LOL, 'Duh' describes those in CanaDuh of either gender.

LMAO at the 'tard.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 11th 05, 04:39 PM

I hope that Zenith radio sold for what they were asking for it,, and
then some.NOW!,If I had their money and they had a feather up their
ass,, we would both be tickled :{)
cuhulin

Old January 12th 05, 02:36 AM
running dogg

Stephen M.H. Lawrence wrote:

wrote in message
| I own some old Zenith transistor Radio's.None of them are floor model
| Radio's though.Some of them work ok and some of them do not work at
| all.I reckon,altogether,, I probally own over two hundred Radio's.
| cuhulin

The '7000 model (don't remember the nomenclature precisely) is,
for its low parts count (or maybe because of its low parts count,
acutally), a really decent portable.

In another post cuhulin mentions always having a transistor radio with
him when he was in the US Army. That reminds me of something that
happened to me when I lived in San Francisco 10 years ago. I was
browsing the junk for sale at one of the city's sidewalk garage sales,
where homeless people sell stuff fished out of dumpsters in order to eat
or buy some dope. One guy had a TO 7000 in reasonably good shape. He
wanted $20, which I didn't have. He said that he had lugged it through
his entire tour of duty in Vietnam and that it had kept him connected to
home. He didn't want to sell it since it had a lot of sentimental value
to him but he needed to eat. I told him I would get the $20 later that
day and come back tomorrow and if he still had it I would buy it. I came
back the next day at the same time with the $20 but he was nowhere to be
found. I still wish I would have had the money to buy it off him right
then and there. Can you imagine hauling a TO through the jungles of Nam
for a year, what with all those soldiers went through? And then having
to sell it-your last real possession-on some godforsaken street corner
in San Francisco for $20 in order to eat that night? (Another time, I
DID buy some bum's Silvertone AM transistor radio for $4. It had a
hinged plate that flipped up to reveal the dial and thumbwheels. Real
neat little radio. I don't have it anymore, though.)

Old January 12th 05, 02:46 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"running dogg" wrote:
(snip)
| Can you imagine hauling a TO through the jungles of Nam
| for a year, what with all those soldiers went through? And then having
| to sell it-your last real possession-on some godforsaken street corner
| in San Francisco for $20 in order to eat that night?

Civilization is far more fragile than many of us realize.

Thanks for a wonderful remembrance. I'll say a prayer
for the people walking in his shoes tonight.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KAOPMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

"If a man wants his dreams to come true then he must wake up."
- Anonymous