Old January 14th 05, 06:15 PM
Guy Atkins

Default FA: Sony ICF-5900W - Collector Quality

For Auction:

Beautiful example of the Sony ICF-5900W, 1975 vintage:

Thanks for looking!
Old January 14th 05, 11:45 PM
Shortwave

I don't think I have ever seen one in such pristine condition, Has it EVER
been used :-))
good luck with the auction
FGT

news For Auction:

Old January 15th 05, 05:37 PM

I owned one for about 2 years and really enjoyed it. Best of luck with
the auction.

Old January 15th 05, 06:53 PM
Guy Atkins

Thanks for the comments on the ICF-5900W. I'm curious if a collector will be
the high bidder, or someone who just wants to use it and appreciates its
fine condition.

I would have liked to try this 5900W and a Panasonic RF-2200 side-by-side,
but I've never owned this two models at the same time.

Speaking of nice radios, have you noticed this awesome Zenith Trans-Oceanic
A600 on Ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
My good friend John Bryant is the author of "Zenith Trans-Oceanic: The
Royalty Of Radios", and this particular unit looks as nice as some of the
models he used to own. A while back, John got out of the collecting side of
radio, and sold off most of his Zeniths, including an unopened,
new-in-the-box T-O 7000-1 model.

Guy

ups.com...

Old January 17th 05, 04:55 AM

I kind of hope that the final buyer will be someone who will use it.
I've had more than a couple of radios pass trough the shack and each
one of them was pressed into service. For me part of the pleasure of
owning an oldie is figuring out how it works (usually with no manual)
and making it work to it's potential. Ultimately I turn most of the
oldies over for something else interesting.

The TO's are a special radio. I picked one up at an estate sale and
enjoyed it's mellow sound for about 6 months. I enjoyed reading the TO
book btw. My favorite TO-sized radio is the Panasonic RF-5000b.
Absolutely delightful audio with a selectable mechanical filter.

Old June 3rd 05, 09:13 PM
RonH

Thanks for showing...used to own one. Brought back happy memories. For an analog portable it was a great performer in its day.

Ron
"Guy Atkins" wrote in message news For Auction:

Beautiful example of the Sony ICF-5900W, 1975 vintage:

Thanks for looking!

Sony ICF-SW7600 / Sony ICF-SW7600G / Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave Radio Information & Links RHF Shortwave 0 January 1st 05 11:02 PM
Sony CFM-140S Al Arduengo Shortwave 3 April 10th 04 06:40 AM
FS: New/Unopened Sony ICF-SW07 -- $ 275 Delivered Chuck Gulker Shortwave 16 January 5th 04 04:46 AM
Sony 7600 GR Reception of WGN Chicago (AM 720) Bob D Shortwave 16 September 14th 03 05:21 PM