Old January 16th 05, 06:25 AM
starman

David Stinson wrote:

I, too am hearing Sam on 5 MHZ with a strong signal in North Texas.
This is almost certainly a covert "go" signal from our government.
Could be an exercize (most likely).
It's on WWV at 5 mHz because that provides a "BFO" for cheap SW
receivers.

Assuming 'they' is Uncle Sam, I wonder if they got approval from the
NIST or ITU to interfere with WWV? Probably not.
Old January 16th 05, 11:52 AM
dxAce

starman wrote:

David Stinson wrote:

I, too am hearing Sam on 5 MHZ with a strong signal in North Texas.
This is almost certainly a covert "go" signal from our government.
Could be an exercize (most likely).
It's on WWV at 5 mHz because that provides a "BFO" for cheap SW
receivers.

Assuming 'they' is Uncle Sam, I wonder if they got approval from the
NIST or ITU to interfere with WWV? Probably not.

'Uncle Sam' needs no approval.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 16th 05, 12:25 PM
David Stinson

starman wrote:

Assuming 'they' is Uncle Sam, I wonder if they got approval from the
NIST or ITU to interfere with WWV?

Not likely.
Assuming this is Uncle, only those with a "need to know" will
know what's going on, and they will know only the fragment of
information needed to do their "part."
The FCC will have gotten the word from the DOD or
(if Los Alamos or Sandia Labs are involved) the DOE
to ignore any complaints and ask no questions.
NIST can gripe but it will go nowhere; there is
no "need" for them to know why the operations are
temporarily messing with them, so they won't be
told anything.
Old January 16th 05, 01:03 PM
dxAce

David Stinson wrote:

I, too am hearing Sam on 5 MHZ with a strong signal in North Texas.
This is almost certainly a covert "go" signal from our government.
Could be an exercize (most likely).
It's on WWV at 5 mHz because that provides a "BFO" for cheap SW
receivers. I will note the times I hear him.
Please note those you hear.

But then why did YS operate on all the other frequencies where a supposed "BFO"
would not be provided in his first incarnation?

I somehow doubt that it's a "go" signal at all.

I for one will be checking the commodity markets this coming week to see what
tin foil is going for. It may be time to invest!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 16th 05, 03:00 PM
tianli

Cuhulin,
There will be a special TV broadcast about the helo's near Vicksburg!
Tune to TV ch 35, WUFX FOX, Monday night at 9PM EST / 8PM CST.

wrote in message
I live forty miles East of Vicksburg,Mississippi.Sometimes I hear and if
I happen to be outside I see some big Helicopters flying due West and
sometimes flying Soutwest,I almost never see them flying East.What woke
me up at about 7:00 AM yesterday (Saturday) morning was one of the
loudest (and I do mean loud!) Helicopters flying directly over my roof
so low I thought it was going to scrape the roof off of my house and it
was flying due West too.I don't know if that has anything to do with
anything big or Yosemite Sam or not.
cuhulin

Old January 16th 05, 07:32 PM

Otayyyyy,,,, Thanks for the heads up.Let me switch around and flirt with
me Irish wimmins online now.
http://chilvary.com/cantaria/sounds/raglan-road.mp3
cuhulin

Old January 16th 05, 07:36 PM

I just now put it in my stupid webtv tv reminder thingy.
cuhulin

Old January 16th 05, 08:23 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
peter berrett wrote:
To ask an obvious question

What do readers think this is? A prank? Spy station? WWV gone feral?

Probably a bunch of radio geeks playing around. With the Internet,
it's too easy to coordinate this sort of stuff. A private IRC channel,
a web site, or somebody sophisticated enough to be goofing with VoIP or
setting up their own streaming audio server.

One time I got into a BS session with a guy about how he and his buddies
wired up northern Idaho with a chain of freeband repeaters so they
could make phone calls and the usual two way radio stuff. 40 years ago.
So it looks like a bunch of "cool dudes" are following in the footsteps
of the previous generation. Probably with the same transmitters.

Well, I heard it here on 15.000 MHz (Jan 16, at 21:11 and about 40
seconds). I'll stick with a bunch of kids and a .wav file.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old January 16th 05, 10:24 PM
dxAce

-=jd=- wrote:

On Sun 16 Jan 2005 08:03:46a, dxAce wrote in message
:

David Stinson wrote:

I, too am hearing Sam on 5 MHZ with a strong signal in North Texas.
This is almost certainly a covert "go" signal from our government.
Could be an exercize (most likely).
It's on WWV at 5 mHz because that provides a "BFO" for cheap SW
receivers. I will note the times I hear him.
Please note those you hear.

But then why did YS operate on all the other frequencies where a
supposed "BFO" would not be provided in his first incarnation?

I somehow doubt that it's a "go" signal at all.

I for one will be checking the commodity markets this coming week to see
what tin foil is going for. It may be time to invest!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I always miss-out on the "tin-foil-spike". You have more faith in the naive
and gullible than I do. I always think common-sense will kick-in before
they really get amped-up enough to affect the market...

It may happen.

Wouldn't it be funny to find out it's just somebody messing around with a
radio and a computer; possibly someone who enjoys reading the conspiracy
theories and rumors posted on the web/usenet in response to his
broadcasting something silly.

My feeling is that is exactly what it is. I may be wrong of course, and if that
is indeed the case I will willingly admit I was wrong.

Have fun with it folks - Just remember to keep your feet on the ground. I'd
hate to hear Steve cornered the market!

Think tin!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 17th 05, 10:44 AM
Casper Milquetoast

"David Stinson" wrote in message

This is almost certainly a covert "go" signal from our government.
Could be an exercize (most likely).

Looks like you think it's telling you to "go" smoke some more rock
cocaine.

Please stick to providing your signal reports, and stop your incredibly
dumb speculation.

It's on WWV at 5 mHz because that provides a "BFO" for cheap SW
receivers.

..