Old February 1st 05, 09:52 AM
Lucky

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message
news:jnELd.1493$Kj4.1244@trnddc09...

wrote in message
ups.com...
when using the selectable sync youare forced to use the 2.5 filter.
that is unacceptable.

the front end performance is not acceptable.

In EU maybe, but here in the states I have never had the 150 overload-
even
when on a 4 element 20M yagi

the IF filter options are very limited, TWO !

But those 2 are nice filters. AM sync with the narrow filter sounds fine -
still has lots of highs.
has no features to speak of, like bass and treble

True- the SP-150 fills it out nicely, but they are not cheap. And having
use it gets away from the portability.

short battery life
Not an issue with the NiMH batteries- mine with backlight goes well over
12
hrs.
I don't remember some of the other issues

Dale W4OP

Dale,

Will the SP150 make a very big difference?
Do you own one??

Lucky

Old February 1st 05, 04:04 PM

wrote in message
[...]

which piece of equipment is deemed more important for the 150. The
preselector or the SP-150? I was thinking for the money that those

items
cost, one could buy a DSP unit for the 150 instead.

Lucky

If the HF-150 were my only or my primary receiver, then I'd spring for
a preselector, though probably not the PR-150. There are cheaper
preselectors that, I'm told, work fine with the 150. Same goes for the
speaker. Unless I wanted to put together a matching set for 'collector'
purposes, I'd look elsewehre.

My two cents...

Steve

Old February 1st 05, 05:37 PM
Lucky

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote in message
[...]

Ok then

I passed up on a PR-150 and Sp-150 that were on Ebay. They both had a Buy it
Now price of $250 which I thought was too much anyway. The SP-150 looks good
though and has the notch and s-meter.

Lucky

What is this receiver worth big boy now Shortwave 6 November 19th 04 02:27 PM
dual cb antenna is it worth the trouble [email protected] Antenna 4 July 20th 04 06:34 PM
Whats a Brand New Kenwood TL-922A Worth? N4ATS Swap 17 March 24th 04 04:14 PM
"OLD" Motorola equip worth? MNS Swap 0 February 25th 04 04:22 PM
What's a WBL V2L cw paddle worth? Andrew Moore Swap 0 December 15th 03 08:58 PM