Old January 31st 05, 11:35 AM
Lucky

Default Cont':Lowe-150. Was It worth it?

Was this a good price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

How much is the keypad for this radio worth?

Thanks
Lucky

Old January 31st 05, 11:50 AM
Lucky

"Lucky" wrote in message
Was this a good price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

How much is the keypad for this radio worth?

Thanks
Lucky

OK I did some checking. I guess they go for about $50 or so.

BTW, is the Preselector for the 150 a very needed addition or are you good
to go as long you take overload precautions??? I read the 150 overloads
easily.

Lucky

Old January 31st 05, 11:59 AM
Volker Tonn

Lucky wrote:

BTW, is the Preselector for the 150 a very needed addition or are you good
to go as long you take overload precautions??? I read the 150 overloads
easily.

The Lowe preselectors are very rare in Europe. These are one of the best
preselectors ever made -except some military grade stuff- and worth
every cent.

Old January 31st 05, 12:09 PM
Lucky

"Volker Tonn" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

BTW, is the Preselector for the 150 a very needed addition or are you
good to go as long you take overload precautions??? I read the 150
overloads easily.

The Lowe preselectors are very rare in Europe. These are one of the best
preselectors ever made -except some military grade stuff- and worth every
cent.

Do any other preselectors work well with this radio? But, yes, that PS looks
nice too.

Lucky

Old January 31st 05, 12:46 PM
Hans

The best:
PASSIVE preselector: RF Systems P-3

Hans

"Volker Tonn" schreef in bericht

Old January 31st 05, 12:54 PM
Volker Tonn

Lucky schrieb:

Do any other preselectors work well with this radio? But, yes, that PS looks
nice too.

The "Braun" preselector. It's better and even more rare and pricey.
The Yaesu FRT-7700 works fine with my Sony 2001D/2010.
This discontimued item sells used for the price as it was new....

I just don`t know a really good preselector wich is still manufactured.

Old January 31st 05, 01:12 PM
Lucky

Lucky schrieb:

Do any other preselectors work well with this radio? But, yes, that PS
looks nice too.

The "Braun" preselector. It's better and even more rare and pricey.
The Yaesu FRT-7700 works fine with my Sony 2001D/2010.
This discontimued item sells used for the price as it was new....

I just don`t know a really good preselector wich is still manufactured.

I have the FRA-7700

Lucky

Old January 31st 05, 01:31 PM
Volker Tonn

Lucky schrieb:

I have the FRA-7700

I have it too :-)
I have nodified it to feed an external antenna with BNC connector. So it
makes a fine selective HF preamp. I've this thing cascaded with the
FRT-7700.
It works fine with my Sony but it doesn't make anything better on my
NRD-525.

Old January 31st 05, 01:38 PM

Lucky wrote:
Was this a good price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

How much is the keypad for this radio worth?

Thanks
Lucky

That's about the price I would have expected on Ebay. I've seen 'em go
for less, but I've seen 'em go for more, too.

I know a couple of folks who use highpass filters on their 150's. My
understanding is that, if you just suppress everything below 1700khz,
then you won't need anything like the Lowe preselector. Others may have
some first hand insights to offer here.

Also, as for the keypad, 150 owners might consider getting a remote
control unit for the Lowe instead. I think this will prove more
convenient and probably offer more in the way of functionality. Go to
www.swl-remotes.com and take a look. (I have no connection to
swl-remotes, other than being a satisfied customer.)

Steve

Old January 31st 05, 01:39 PM
Lucky

Lucky schrieb:

I have the FRA-7700

I have it too :-)
I have nodified it to feed an external antenna with BNC connector. So it
makes a fine selective HF preamp. I've this thing cascaded with the
FRT-7700.
It works fine with my Sony but it doesn't make anything better on my
NRD-525.

You can run it active with a 9 volt battery too.
But, the 150 has a built in preamp. But that's only for the whip right?
Still, you can clip a longwire to the antenna.

Lucky

What is this receiver worth big boy now Shortwave 6 November 19th 04 02:27 PM
dual cb antenna is it worth the trouble [email protected] Antenna 4 July 20th 04 06:34 PM
Whats a Brand New Kenwood TL-922A Worth? N4ATS Swap 17 March 24th 04 04:14 PM
"OLD" Motorola equip worth? MNS Swap 0 February 25th 04 04:22 PM
What's a WBL V2L cw paddle worth? Andrew Moore Swap 0 December 15th 03 08:58 PM