Old January 31st 05, 06:28 PM
Mark S. Holden

JShorr wrote:
I know that its quite a bit more, but any feelings on the Sony
ICF-SW07? I've been in the market for a nice travel alarm clock,/radio
and could perhaps justify this radio if it has the same quality SW
reception as the 7600.

What would be the benefit of the DE1103 over the 7600?
If none, I'll probably order the 7600.

I had an Sw-07.

It was a pretty good radio - especially when you consider it's size.
They come with a very good active loop antenna.

But the buttons were quite small, and I looked at it more as a neat
gadget than a radio I'd want to use on a regular basis.

It had a lot of features for a portable - but not as many as I'm used to
with my table top radios.

Old January 31st 05, 07:31 PM
JShorr

How much of a problem is it that the 7600 doesn't have an analog-style
tuning knob?

Old January 31st 05, 08:37 PM
Stephan Grossklass

JShorr schrieb:

How much of a problem is it that the 7600 doesn't have an analog-style
tuning knob?

That depends. Some people actually prefer the 7600G/GR tuning key layout
to a Sangean-style tuning knob. That said, you're never as fast scanning
bands as with an analog set. But overall I don't think it's overly
dramatic. Reception wise the 7600GR is certainly still very good in its
class, with SSB being hard to beat due to Sony's "secret weapon"
CXA1376. I would certainly like to get my hands on a datasheet of that
IC, being a very curious nature in things like this. (I guess it would
be in Japanese, though.)

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W