Old February 22nd 05, 05:59 AM
Al Patrick

Default The passing of Dr. Scott & r.r.s. merrymaking

By now all of you know that Dr. Gene Scott has passed, but guess what?
All of US are going to pass away also. It is appointed unto man once to
die AND AFTER THAT THE JUDGMENT! Heb. 9:27

The righteous are REQUIRED to tell the wicked they are going to die.
Eze. 3:18

The Christian is better off dead because he is with Christ and no longer
concerned about possibly failing and denying Christ here on earth.
Phillipians 1:23.

The non-Christian needs to be greatly concerned about dying before
accepting Christ for there is NO OTHER WAY to the Father in heaven.
John 14:6, KJV, "Jesus saith unto him, I am THE way, THE truth, and THE
life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Some of you rejoice at the death of Dr. Gene Scott. Many Christians
rejoice with you for, if he was truly a Christian (only God knows the
heart), he is far better off than he ever was here. ... Even before he
got prostate cancer. See Phil. 1:23.
Old February 22nd 05, 06:44 AM
Harvey WhitezChocoBunny

"Al Patrick" wrote in message

Some of you rejoice at the death of Dr. Gene Scott. Many Christians
rejoice with you for, if he was truly a Christian (only God knows the
heart), he is far better off than he ever was here. ... Even before he
got prostate cancer. See Phil. 1:23.

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even
as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall
bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that
bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason
of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
And through covetousness shall they with feigned
words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now
of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."
- 2 Peter 2:1-3

NOW tell me AP -- If that passage above don't describe the
late Dr. euGene Scott to a tee...then I don't know what does !!

Old February 22nd 05, 12:34 PM
Al Patrick

Harvey WhitezChocoBunny wrote:

"Al Patrick" wrote in message

[...]

I know that the scripture quoted is true. I DON'T know Dr. Gene Scott.
As many times as I ran across him on the dial I very seldom stopped to
listen to him. I do know that a few on this group would rejoice at the
thoughts of the death of any true Christian.

Again, I can't tell you if "that" described Dr. Scott or not. I suspect
it describes a number of radio and tv preachers! ....as well as a number
of them who are NOT on radio or tv! :-(
Old February 22nd 05, 08:25 PM
Brian Oakley

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
By now all of you know that Dr. Gene Scott has passed, but guess what?
All of US are going to pass away also. It is appointed unto man once to
die AND AFTER THAT THE JUDGMENT! Heb. 9:27

The righteous are REQUIRED to tell the wicked they are going to die.
Eze. 3:18

The Christian is better off dead because he is with Christ and no longer
concerned about possibly failing and denying Christ here on earth.
Phillipians 1:23.

So you claim..proof.

The bible is not proof Al! A book can say anything.

The non-Christian needs to be greatly concerned about dying before
accepting Christ for there is NO OTHER WAY to the Father in heaven.
John 14:6, KJV, "Jesus saith unto him, I am THE way, THE truth, and THE
life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

So you claim, I'm not really worried, I'll just be worm food, like you.
You probably aren't going anywhere...except into the ground.

Some of you rejoice at the death of Dr. Gene Scott. Many Christians
rejoice with you for, if he was truly a Christian (only God knows the
heart), he is far better off than he ever was here. ... Even before he
got prostate cancer. See Phil. 1:23.

I thought he was amusing. Most all the other preachers are slimeballs at
best, so I'm not rejoicing he's dead, but I don't think there's any
reason to be happy about it...and prostate cancer can be a bad way to
go...

Right here I could interject the same word you used above. Proof. How do you
know its a bad way to go? You gone that way? No. You know someone who has?
Maybe yes. The same could be said for Dr. Scott. If you ever knew any
Christians, you would see their serenity in their leaving this world. Ask
the doctors. They can tell you that Christians on the whole have more of a
grip on death than those who dont know God. They can tell you the horror on
the faces of those who die not knowing what will happen to them after they
are gone. So throwing that word "proof" around shouldnt make you feel as
smug as you think you are.

Old February 22nd 05, 11:20 PM
Brian Running

Ask the doctors. They can tell you that Christians on the whole have more of a
grip on death than those who dont know God. They can tell you the horror on
the faces of those who die not knowing what will happen to them after they
are gone.

I'm certain that this fascinating bit of information is also supported
by irrefutable proof.
Old February 22nd 05, 11:35 PM
Brian Oakley

"Brian Running" wrote in message
Ask the doctors. They can tell you that Christians on the whole have

more of a
grip on death than those who dont know God. They can tell you the horror

on
the faces of those who die not knowing what will happen to them after

they
are gone.

I'm certain that this fascinating bit of information is also supported
by irrefutable proof.

If you look you will find.

Old February 23rd 05, 12:01 AM

According to the American Kennel Club,Australian Cattle Dogs live an
average of about 14 years and I am only 63 years young/old.I have to
live about at least another 14 years or so. www.cattledog.com
cuhulin

Old February 23rd 05, 12:05 AM
running dogg

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...
By now all of you know that Dr. Gene Scott has passed, but guess what?
All of US are going to pass away also. It is appointed unto man once to
die AND AFTER THAT THE JUDGMENT! Heb. 9:27

The righteous are REQUIRED to tell the wicked they are going to die.
Eze. 3:18

The Christian is better off dead because he is with Christ and no longer
concerned about possibly failing and denying Christ here on earth.
Phillipians 1:23.

So you claim..proof.

The bible is not proof Al! A book can say anything.

This is an interesting verse, for it brings up a mention of the time
when Christians would only be baptized on their deathbeds so they
wouldn't have time to sin before they died and thus jeapordize (sp?)
their entry into heaven.

The non-Christian needs to be greatly concerned about dying before
accepting Christ for there is NO OTHER WAY to the Father in heaven.
John 14:6, KJV, "Jesus saith unto him, I am THE way, THE truth, and THE
life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

So you claim, I'm not really worried, I'll just be worm food, like you.
You probably aren't going anywhere...except into the ground.

Just like Gene Scott.

Some of you rejoice at the death of Dr. Gene Scott. Many Christians
rejoice with you for, if he was truly a Christian (only God knows the
heart), he is far better off than he ever was here. ... Even before he
got prostate cancer. See Phil. 1:23.

I thought he was amusing. Most all the other preachers are slimeballs at
best, so I'm not rejoicing he's dead, but I don't think there's any
reason to be happy about it...and prostate cancer can be a bad way to
go...

My grandfather died of prostate cancer, and he suffered greatly before
he died. I don't think that there's much a person can do to justify that
sort of suffering being put upon them.

Old February 23rd 05, 12:06 AM
running dogg

Brian Oakley wrote:

"Brian Running" wrote in message
Ask the doctors. They can tell you that Christians on the whole have

more of a
grip on death than those who dont know God. They can tell you the horror

on
the faces of those who die not knowing what will happen to them after

they
are gone.

I'm certain that this fascinating bit of information is also supported
by irrefutable proof.

If you look you will find.

He asked you for PROOF. Are you unfamiliar with the meaning of "proof"?

Gene Scott, satellites and MW Honus Shortwave 19 August 22nd 04 08:25 PM
Gene Scott, satellites and MW Honus Dx 8 August 18th 04 10:22 AM
Gene Scott, satellites and MW Honus Dx 0 August 16th 04 08:49 PM
EH Scott 'morale' receiver Rich Boatanchors 26 March 29th 04 10:24 PM
Leland Scott Is Innocent Ruby Tuesday CB 0 March 9th 04 09:04 PM