Old March 14th 05, 02:26 PM
David

Default BBC Broadcasts into US ?

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:39:14 GMT, "Sanjaya"
wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message news
I've been a lurker here for a while and though I've been a ham for
over 30 years I don't know squat about SW stations ( times and
frequencies etc ) Anyway I've seen some posts that mentioned that the
BBC doesn't broadcast into the US anymore and I've seen other posts
that indicate that you can still receive them ? I'm in SE lower
Michigan and would appreciate any advice on times and frequencies if
they indeed still are broadcasting into the US.

Thanks in advance

Gary K8IQ

You can hear them.
6195 and 15190 kHz mornings
12095 afternoons, 5975 evenings
for more specifics check
http://www.primetimeshortwave.com (English language schedules on the left)
and http://www.eibi.de.vu (bc-b04.txt)
be aware that broadcast times and frequencies for lots of stuff will change
with "Summer time", which starts about a week before our U.S. daylight savings time
BBC is reliable on the above frequencies

I get them very nicely on 9740 in the morning, here in SoCal.