Old March 14th 05, 03:03 PM
Regnad Kcin

Default Maryanne Kehoe died

While there may have been a Maryanne Kehoe who has passed away, it is not
the Maryanne of our hobby. Deliberate confusion is practiced on the
internet by nasty individuals who use aliases, (hey wait, I'm using an alias
too).

Maryanne is an avid SWL from Atlanta who contributes regularly to various
online and print publications centered around Shortwave. Most notably she
forwards press releases and the schedule of Voice Of Russia on a regular
basis to the groups and clubs she participates in. You can find reports
from her in Monitoring Times.

The immature males who can't accept a woman as a DX'er in their hobby
ridicule and put her down because she can be quite obnoxious at times, is
tall for a woman, horrendously top-heavy and preferred to wear crew cuts.
Under that exterior, which has shed a large quantity of poundage, and added
an inch or two of head hair in the last year, she has a heart of gold.

I used to rag on her until one night when a bunch of us got into a chat room
and started discussing the bad things we said about her. After a few minutes
of laughing it hit us that we were all being jerks and none of us have said
anything derogatory about her since. Gee, I think I've done penance.

-Steve

"luvthistle1" wrote in message
oups.com...
who is "Maryanne Kehoe " ? what is she famous for?

Old March 14th 05, 04:27 PM

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:03:28 GMT, "Regnad Kcin"
wrote:

[...]

Normally, I'd agree -- but after she threatened/fantasized about
assaulting then murdering me, I can enjoy this without any guilt
whatsoever. **** Loafhead, who's even uglier on the inside than the
outside.

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org
Old March 14th 05, 04:34 PM

I admit I have "ragged" on her to in this very news group.But,I think
she is a great auld gal.

.......D-Day Larry

Old March 14th 05, 04:36 PM

We must all do penance to Maryanne Kehoe or she won't let us off the
hook :{)
cuhulin

Old March 14th 05, 04:39 PM

If she said that,I am taking back what I said about the ugly old
loafhead bitch!
cuhulin

Old March 14th 05, 05:17 PM
Regnad Kcin

WTF did you say to get her THAT ****ed off? I used to get her virtual
daggers pointed at me too, but she must have been furious at you.

Old March 14th 05, 06:11 PM

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:17:28 GMT, "Regnad Kcin"
wrote:

WTF did you say to get her THAT ****ed off? I used to get her virtual
daggers pointed at me too, but she must have been furious at you.

She didn't like the fact that a couple of weeks after 9/11, I took
some photos well outside of the NYPD boundaries. Loafie called me a
scumbag and some other choice names, before expressing her desire to
murder me:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a?dmode=source

There's a reason she's so despised across Usenet, and it's because she
is such a foul and offensive piece of garbage.

.. .

Old March 14th 05, 11:05 PM
Gregory Morrow

Regnad Kcin wrote:

While there may have been a Maryanne Kehoe who has passed away, it is not
the Maryanne of our hobby. Deliberate confusion is practiced on the
internet by nasty individuals who use aliases, (hey wait, I'm using an

alias
too).

That "deliberate confusion" as practised by some just might be a means of
protection because apparently Mary Ann may try to cause trouble for Usenet
posters in *real life*, e.g. contacting their employers, local law
enforcement officials, schools, ISP's, etc. This is apparently in response
to some who have simply disagreed with her on technical matters or because
they have referred to her by one of her common Usenet nicknames...

Maryanne is an avid SWL from Atlanta who contributes regularly to various
online and print publications centered around Shortwave. Most notably she
forwards press releases and the schedule of Voice Of Russia on a regular
basis to the groups and clubs she participates in. You can find reports
from her in Monitoring Times.

*Big* deal...is this why she has apparently claimed to be a
"journalist"...???

[IIRC she has also posted to BBC, _New York Times_, etc. message boards,
then she has apparently claimed that these outlets have "published" her
"articles"...when she was going on once about articles she'd claimed she'd
written for "internet publications" and I asked her for URL's/cites there
was no response from her...go figure. Does she not realize that when folks
make such claims in public that others just *might* check google or
nexis/lexis to corroborate their claims...???]

The immature males who can't accept a woman as a DX'er in their hobby
ridicule and put her down because she can be quite obnoxious at times, is
tall for a woman, horrendously top-heavy and preferred to wear crew cuts.

Has naught to do with her hobbies, people object to her behaviour on
Usenet...

[And she should know that by posting her pictures, "pageant" awards,
personal details, etc. on public forums and the internet that some of her
detractors just *might* use this info to ridicule her. 'Tis a common tactic
on Usenet, even a child has no trouble understanding the concept.]

Under that exterior, which has shed a large quantity of poundage, and

added
an inch or two of head hair in the last year, she has a heart of gold.

cough/

I used to rag on her until one night when a bunch of us got into a chat

room
and started discussing the bad things we said about her. After a few

minutes
of laughing it hit us that we were all being jerks and none of us have

said
anything derogatory about her since. Gee, I think I've done penance.

Why bother? Her behaviours on Usenet haven't changed one bit from what I
can see...

[my above comments are simply my personal opinions..."YMMV" of course...]

--
Best
Greg

Old March 15th 05, 05:35 AM
Gregory Morrow

wrote:

[...]

Loafhead's presence on a Usenet group is akin to that of a loud smelly fart
in a flower garden...

--
Best
Greg

Old March 15th 05, 10:56 PM
Gregory Morrow

Chris Pisarra wrote:

Gregory Morrow burbled to the world:

(snip the usual gratuitous blather)

If it weren't for your insane obsession over Maryanne, would
your life have any purpose at all?

Jeez can't a guy have some fun once in a while?

Lighten up Chris ;-p

--
Best
Greg