Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 14th 05, 07:15 PM
thecop

Default Need help with a Lowe HF-150

What an incredible disappointment...NOT with the radio's performance.
In some respects I believe it equals or may even surpass the Icom R75 I
recently sold. What IS a disappointment is the condition of the radio...I am
trying to communicate with the person from whom I won the auction on Ebay,
no luck so far.

Anyway, I am trying to get this radio in as new condition as possible and I
am looking for help with the following problems:

1- The frequency display does not seem to follow the tuning knob. Almost
takes a second or two to catch up.

2- the selection buttons on the bottom have to be pressed NUMEROUS times
before the radio responds. Takes 10-12 fast pushes to change mode, tuning
steps, fast or slow tuning etc.

3- There is a scratch on the display crystal (not the LCD, but the clear
plastic overlay)

4- The Volume control knob and shaft came out. I can no longer use it to
turn the radio on or off and must do that by applying or diconnecting
external power in the back !!!

There you have it. I checked the Lowe web site and they clearly indicate
that they no longer ship/sell to the United States.

I know this sounds a bit silly, but shortwave radio is my primary hobby...I
don't hang out in bars, play cards or anything else like that...after a
crappy day at work the radio is kinda' my escape...and my crappy days at
work are usually quite bad. I have one daughter in college and another
getting narried in two months, so, as you can imagine, I'm broke.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice.

Thank you so much for your time.

John, KB2COP
thecop@o...