Old March 17th 05, 01:30 PM
Invader3K

You're forgetting, this is a democracy, not a backwards and barbaric
communist enclave like North Korea.

Old March 17th 05, 02:29 PM

United States of America is a Democratic REPUBLIC.United States of
America is above that and all else a,REPUBLIC.REPUBLIC.Texas is a
REPUBLIC.Ohio was not officially ratified as a U.S.State untill around
1956 or 1957.There are a few other States in U.S.A.that are "unique"
cuhulin

Old March 17th 05, 03:17 PM
Michael Lawson

Better than the R-5000 with the optional filters? Just
curious, since I've had some success DX-ing with
the S800, but an R8B it ain't. And yes, I can agree with
the utes and ham signals, a notch would come in
awfully handy to zap those pesky hets.

--Mike L.

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
the satellit 800 kills most of them. it has been my desktop receiver

for a
couple of years now. that selectable sync puts it way over the top

of any
receiver Kenwood or Yaesu ever made. and I have had EVERY Kenwood

and Yaesu
HF receiver made in the past 25 years. they were pretty useless

compared to
the 800. you have to spend a lot of money to beat the 800 for SWBC

DX (don't
get it for utes, get an R75)

wrote in message
oups.com...
It is also a very good time to pick up one of the several high

quality
tabletop receivers that have been pulled from the market in the

last 15
years. A used Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu or Japan Radio receiver can

also
provide a lot of value for the price.

Old March 17th 05, 03:23 PM
dxAce

mike maghakian wrote:

the satellit 800 kills most of them. it has been my desktop receiver for a
couple of years now. that selectable sync puts it way over the top of any
receiver Kenwood or Yaesu ever made. and I have had EVERY Kenwood and Yaesu
HF receiver made in the past 25 years. they were pretty useless compared to
the 800. you have to spend a lot of money to beat the 800 for SWBC DX (don't
get it for utes, get an R75)

Oh come on...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 17th 05, 03:42 PM

I enjoy my Panasonic RF-B600 too. It get's lots of stations and is
just a lot of fun to use. But outperform something like a Kenwood
R5000...no way. Same goes for the 800...a nice radio (if a bit pricey)
but not in the same league.

The summary of this review is that it is a nice radio for program
listening. And that seems to be the consensus on Eham where reviews
tend to gush more than complain.

http://www2.rnw.nl/rnw/en/features/m...tellit800.html

Old March 17th 05, 08:03 PM
Invader3K