Old March 19th 05, 02:02 AM
mike maghakian

to anyone that has an R7 and does not use the AUX-7 board, you are killing
yourself !!!

here are directions:

http://www.dproducts.be/Drake_Museum/aux-72.htm

http://home.cinci.rr.com/w8pu/aux7warc.jpg

wrote in message
oups.com...
Mike:
I have a R7 and the AUX-7 to install. Can you help me with how you
wired the diodes for the SWBC bands?
mike maghakian wrote:
mine was a gilfer SWL special with 1.8, 2.3, 3 , 4, 6 filters

when I got mine I then bought the AUX-7 board and diode programmed it

for
the SWBC bands. now it is a joy to operate. the few days I had it

without
the board almost drove me crazy.

I'm running the 8, 6, 4, 3 and 2.3 kHz filters in the one I have

here at
present.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 20th 05, 01:13 AM
mike maghakian

I thought it was insane tuning the radio without the AUX-7. I still can't
imagine using the R7 daily without it.

"dxAce" wrote in message

mike maghakian wrote:

to anyone that has an R7 and does not use the AUX-7 board, you are
killing
yourself !!!

I'd have to disagree! While the AUX-7 does make it easier to tune a few SW
bands, not using one does not amount to 'killing yourself'.

I've used both methods with various R7's.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 20th 05, 04:02 AM
dxAce

mike maghakian wrote:

I thought it was insane tuning the radio without the AUX-7. I still can't
imagine using the R7 daily without it.

Then you lack an imagination.

Simple enough for you?

By the way, you just outed yourself.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 20th 05, 05:08 AM
mike maghakian

well, in proceeding of 1994-1995, the author, David Clark said of the AUX-7:

"this highly desirable accessory allevates the need to use the cumbersome
"up/down" pushbuttons..."

he also expressed surprise at how many R7's were sold without it.

I guess it is people like you Mr. Lare that explain that lack of common
sense that he didn't understand.

by the way, you were mentioned in the article.

Old March 20th 05, 09:57 AM
dxAce

mike maghakian wrote:

well, in proceeding of 1994-1995, the author, David Clark said of the AUX-7:

"this highly desirable accessory allevates the need to use the cumbersome
"up/down" pushbuttons..."

he also expressed surprise at how many R7's were sold without it.

I guess it is people like you Mr. Lare that explain that lack of common
sense that he didn't understand.

by the way, you were mentioned in the article.

It'll be OK... Certainly don't want you going insane.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 20th 05, 10:09 AM
dxAce

mike maghakian wrote:

to anyone that has an R7 and does not use the AUX-7 board, you are killing
yourself !!!

here are directions:

http://www.dproducts.be/Drake_Museum/aux-72.htm

http://home.cinci.rr.com/w8pu/aux7warc.jpg

By the way... if one is going to use this with the R7 for a receive only
application the connection to pin 10 is not required.

dxAce
Michigan
USA