Old March 23rd 05, 07:30 PM
H Davis

Default Glenn Hauser Broadcasts

For a few days a month or so ago, I was listening to a SW broadcast that
seemed to be a compendium of news about SW radio. I believe it was a
broadcast from Glenn Hauser, but I can't be sure. It seems as though it was
repeated several times a day since I believe I heard it at various times. I
can't find the frequency again, and really would like to listen regularly.

Can anyone suggest the most likely frequency and time to find this program.
I am in the Chicago area.

Harlan

Old March 23rd 05, 07:39 PM
dxAce

H Davis wrote:

For a few days a month or so ago, I was listening to a SW broadcast that
seemed to be a compendium of news about SW radio. I believe it was a
broadcast from Glenn Hauser, but I can't be sure. It seems as though it was
repeated several times a day since I believe I heard it at various times. I
can't find the frequency again, and really would like to listen regularly.

Can anyone suggest the most likely frequency and time to find this program.
I am in the Chicago area.

Check 7415 at 2300 today. (5 PM CST).

Oherwise see:

http://www.worldofradio.com/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 24th 05, 07:30 AM
H Davis

Leonard:

Thanks to guys like you, Jerry and Steve, my questions have been answered. I
now realize that his broadcast is all over the place, while I've been
looking for it on a station I thought was on a specific band and forgot to
write it down. I'm a little new to SW, and I guess its obvious.

Thanks to all for your help.

Harlan

"Leonard Martin" wrote in message
In article ,
"H Davis" wrote:

For a few days a month or so ago, I was listening to a SW broadcast that
seemed to be a compendium of news about SW radio. I believe it was a
broadcast from Glenn Hauser, but I can't be sure. It seems as though it
was
repeated several times a day since I believe I heard it at various times.
can't find the frequency again, and really would like to listen
regularly.

Can anyone suggest the most likely frequency and time to find this
program.
I am in the Chicago area.

Harlan

His show has been a fixture of shortwave for many years, recorded and
broadcast on many stations. Looks like a job for Google.

Leonard

--
"Everything that rises must converge"
--Flannery O'Connor

Old March 24th 05, 03:40 PM
homepc

http://www.wbcq.com/modules.php?name...op=MostPopular

This link will give you a program guide to print out.

Old March 24th 05, 03:44 PM
dxAce

homepc wrote:

http://www.wbcq.com/modules.php?name...op=MostPopular

This link will give you a program guide to print out.

Better to visit:

http://www.worldofradio.com/

Where one will find ALL the outlets for WOR.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 24th 05, 07:23 PM
RHF

DX Listening Digest 5-050; WOR 1267; COM 05-03

DX Listening Digest 5-050 has now been posted at
http://www.w4uvh.net/dxlatest.txt CONTENTS:

WOR 1267 / COM 05-03 / ASIA non / BELGIUM / BOLIVIA / BOTSWANA / BRAZIL
/
CANADA RCI A05 / CANADA +non SCTV / CANADA +non Rock Radio / CHINA /
COLOMBIA /
CZECH REPUBLIC / DJIBOUTI / ECUADOR / EQUATORIAL GUINEA / GERMANY +non
/
GREENLAND / GUINEA / INDIA / ISRAEL A05 / KERGUELEN ham / LEBANON /
MEXICO non
/ NETHERLANDS non / PORTUGAL / SAMOA AMERICAN / SOMALIA non / SYRIA
+non /
TIBET non / UK +non BBCWS / UK BBC / USA Radio Log/Girls Radio / USA
Ted Brown
/ USA Beethoven.com / USA Jean Shepherd/WXRB/WBAI / USA KTRB/KRSN / USA
Jerry
Springer / USA Florida Pirates / USA WWKB / USA WTEM/IBOC / USA LPFM /
USA
NPR/PBS / VIRGIN ISLANDS US / WESTERN SAHARA non / ZIMBABWE +non /
UNIDENTIFIED
Yosemite Sam / RADIO EQUIPMENT FORUM / CONVENTIONS & CONFERENCES /
PROPAGATION

After the following issue, 5-051 has been published, 5-050 will be
available at
http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld5050.txt

For restrixions and searchable 2005 contents archive see

NOTE: If you are a regular reader of DXLD, and a source of DX news but
have not been sending it directly to us, please consider yourself
obligated to do so. Thanks, Glenn

NEXT AIRINGS OF WORLD OF RADIO 1267:
Tue 0700 WOR WPKN Bridgeport CT 89.5
Tue 1700 WOR WBCQ after hours
Wed 1030 WOR WWCR 9985
Wed 1700 WOR WBCQ after hours
Mon 0430 WOR WSUI Iowa City IA 910

MORE info including audio links: http://worldofradio.com/radioskd.html

WRN ON DEMAND:
http://new.wrn.org/listeners/station...p?StationID=24
OUR ONDEMAND AUDIO [also for CONTINENT OF MEDIA, MUNDO RADIAL]
WORLD OF RADIO 1267 (high version):
(stream) http://www.w4uvh.net/wor1267h.ram
(download) http://www.w4uvh.net/wor1267h.rm
WORLD OF RADIO 1267 (low version):
(stream) http://www.w4uvh.net/wor1267.ram
(download) http://www.w4uvh.net/wor1267.rm
(summary) http://www.worldofradio.com/wor1267.html

WORLD OF RADIO 1267 in the true shortwave sound of 7415:
(stream) http://www.piratearchive.com/media/w...o_03-16-05.m3u
(d`load) http://www.piratearchive.com/media/w...o_03-16-05.mp3

CONTINENT OF MEDIA 05-03 via DXing.com:
(stream) http://www.dxing.com/com/com0503.ram
(download) http://www.dxing.com/com/com0503.rm
(summary) http://www.worldofradio.com/com0503.html

Regards, Glenn Hauser

yes - more then you wanted to know ~ RHF
Old March 26th 05, 05:20 PM
David

Sirius Channel 115

0930, 1830 Sundays

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:30:59 -0600, "H Davis"
wrote:

For a few days a month or so ago, I was listening to a SW broadcast that
seemed to be a compendium of news about SW radio. I believe it was a
broadcast from Glenn Hauser, but I can't be sure. It seems as though it was
repeated several times a day since I believe I heard it at various times. I
can't find the frequency again, and really would like to listen regularly.

Can anyone suggest the most likely frequency and time to find this program.
I am in the Chicago area.

Harlan

Radio Australia/New Zealand broadcasts Conan Ford Shortwave 8 December 20th 04 06:06 PM
Glenn Hauser on RCI dxAce Shortwave 1 September 20th 04 01:56 AM
More DRM broadcasts for North America Mike Terry Shortwave 0 July 20th 04 08:42 PM
Rare 50's and 60's Radio Broadcasts for sale Rockitradio Broadcasting 0 March 28th 04 06:38 AM
Radio Related: Rare 50's and 60's Radio Broadcasts for sale Rockitradio Shortwave 0 March 27th 04 08:08 AM