Old April 5th 05, 04:19 AM
running dogg

Stephen M.H. Lawrence wrote:

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
This article is NOT MINE and I do not know the accuracy of it but I
figured a few of you would be interested in it. :-)

Dear Al-Pocalypse,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I am not one of those
interested in this article you've posted.

How is the Haldol working for you?

Wrong medication. Haldol is for Tourette Syndrome, which is quite
different from acute schizoaffective psychosis and obsessive compulsive
disorder. Al needs Luvox, and a good antipsychotic or three. He needs
the help of a compteent psychiatrist to coordinate all his meds. But
even the best shrink can't fix Stupid Syndrome.

Old April 5th 05, 04:20 AM
running dogg

-=jd=- wrote:

On Mon 04 Apr 2005 09:14:39p, Al Patrick wrote in
message :

This article is NOT MINE and I do not know the accuracy of it but I
figured a few of you would be interested in it. :-)

======

The Pope's Death: A Defining Moment
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for
light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for
bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

As I write this, Pope John Paul II is near death. Once he draws his last
breath, a Vatican official will lightly tap three times upon the
deceased pontiff's forehead with a golden hammer and call his name. Upon
receiving no reply, the cardinal chamberlain will remove John Paul's
fisherman's ring and smash it.
{snippage}

And if there *is* a reply, they will summon the "Holy Sledge-Hammer"...

From the looks of it, they didn't need the golden sledgehammer this
time. Maybe next pope...

Old April 5th 05, 04:31 AM
Tony Meloche

running dogg wrote:
-=jd=- wrote:

[...]

From the looks of it, they didn't need the golden sledgehammer this
time. Maybe next pope...

With due respect to very old traditions . . .

The hammer bit (and it ws always a silver hammer, not a gold one) was
used for centuries. The ritual was that the Camerlengo
(second-in-command) would tap the Pontiffs head three times, calling out
the Pontiffs baptismal name after each tap. If there was no response,
he would turn to the other Cardinal witnesses and say: "The throne of
Peter is vacant. Of a certainty, the pope is dead". The calling out
three times of the baptismal name is still followed as a mattaer of a
nod to tradition, but the "silver hammer" thing hasn't been done since
the mid-20th century.

Tony

Old April 5th 05, 04:47 AM
running dogg

Tony Meloche wrote:

running dogg wrote:
-=jd=- wrote:

[...]

From the looks of it, they didn't need the golden sledgehammer this
time. Maybe next pope...

With due respect to very old traditions . . .

The hammer bit (and it ws always a silver hammer, not a gold one) was
used for centuries. The ritual was that the Camerlengo
(second-in-command) would tap the Pontiffs head three times, calling out
the Pontiffs baptismal name after each tap. If there was no response,
he would turn to the other Cardinal witnesses and say: "The throne of
Peter is vacant. Of a certainty, the pope is dead". The calling out
three times of the baptismal name is still followed as a mattaer of a
nod to tradition, but the "silver hammer" thing hasn't been done since
the mid-20th century.

In an age in which we know that the Pope died at EXACTLY 9:37 pm Italy
time, the silver hammer is not exactly needed anymore. Presumably 1000
years ago, it was. In the days before we could tell with certainty that
a person was dead, there was a very real risk of being buried alive.
It's happened several times that are recorded. I've read that it even
happened recently (within the last ten years, maybe five) in Saudi
Arabia. The poor guy was buried alive and a shepherd heard him screaming
from inside his coffin and dug him out. He returned home in his burial
shroud and his mother and sister fainted from fright. IMO, this is what
happened to Jesus. He went into deep shock from being nailed to a cross
and seemed like he was dead, but when they went back three days later to
bury him he was actually alive, and the peasants thought that he had
returned from the dead. He was lucky-Jewish law requires a burial within
24 hours, but since he "died" on a Saturday morning (the Jewish day
begins at sundown) and Saturday is the holy day for Jews he was stashed
in an empty tomb for burial on Sunday. In the interim, he woke up. And
we're still suffering for Jesus's incredible stroke of luck 2000 years
later.

Old April 5th 05, 05:05 AM
STOP_George

MEANWHILE, IN OTHER NON-MAINSTREAM NEWS::

Newsclip Autopsy

TRUTH LEFT OUT: Data Indicates a Massive 2004 Exit Poll Whitewash

http://newsclipautopsy.blogspot.com/...s-massive.html

Old April 5th 05, 02:08 PM
Al Patrick

running dogg wrote:

[...]

Great try - but a few problems:

1) The Roman soldiers were probably the best, most experienced in the
land. They KNEW when a man was dead as they'd probably crucified many a
man in their days. They had a habit of breaking the legs so they could
not push themselves up - the only way to breath during a crucifixion -
if there was ANY DOUBT as to the death of the crucified. They, in order
to fulfill prophecy, they DID NOT break a bone in his body.

2) How do you explain a few facts that occurred IMMEDIATELY after
Christ "yielded up His spirit" - all found in Matthew 27, and other places?

Matthew 27:50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded
up His spirit.

Mt. 27:51 And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from
top to bottom;

3) Matthew 27:51 continued, and the earth shook and the rocks were split.

52 The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the 1saints who had
fallen asleep were raised;

53 and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the
holy city and appeared to many.

54 Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over
Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were
happening, became very frightened and said, “Truly this was the Son of
God!”

55 Many women were there looking on from a distance, who had followed
Jesus from Galilee while ministering to Him.

56 Among them was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and
Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.

New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995

We won't even (for now) go into the CONSPIRACY that followed in verses
62-66 where the Pharisees accused Him of being a deceiver, after His
death and when He could not defend himself - just like they do today and
like the Catholic church has done on several occasions; i.e. digging up
the bones of Westcott and Hort and mutilating them - long after they
were dead!

.....Or the plot AFTER THE RESURRECTION to say that 100 guards fell
asleep on duty and the disciples "stole" Him away without making a sound
that would awaken the guards.

The PLOT THICKENS -- just like over cooked stew! :-)

He was lucky-Jewish law requires a burial within
24 hours, but since he "died" on a Saturday morning (the Jewish day
begins at sundown) and Saturday is the holy day for Jews he was stashed
in an empty tomb for burial on Sunday. In the interim, he woke up. And
we're still suffering for Jesus's incredible stroke of luck 2000 years
later.

More filthy lies that don't line up with the Word of God! :-)
Old April 5th 05, 05:00 PM
Cmd Buzz Corey

running dogg wrote:

In an age in which we know that the Pope died at EXACTLY 9:37 pm Italy
time, the silver hammer is not exactly needed anymore. Presumably 1000
years ago, it was. In the days before we could tell with certainty that
a person was dead, there was a very real risk of being buried alive.
It's happened several times that are recorded. I've read that it even
happened recently (within the last ten years, maybe five) in Saudi
Arabia. The poor guy was buried alive and a shepherd heard him screaming
from inside his coffin and dug him out. He returned home in his burial
shroud and his mother and sister fainted from fright.

Back when they often carried the body of the deceased to the grave in an
open coffin, a lady presumably passed away, but was actually in one of
these comas. On the way to the grave site she was pricked by a thorn
bush and she woke up. Some years later she actually did die. On the way
to the grave site the husband said, "please be careful of the thorn bush".

Old April 6th 05, 02:43 AM
running dogg

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:

running dogg wrote:

[...]

I have a sneaking suspicion that being buried alive was quite common
back in the days before modern medicine. Jews and Muslims require burial
within 24 hours of death, which exacerbated the risk greatly. I've heard
that humans have a deep seated fear of being buried alive, and such a
fear likely had solid evolutionary footing in the old days. It's the
ultimate nightmare-waking up only to find that you're trapped six feet
under with no way out.

Old April 14th 05, 08:14 PM

Hello,

I have posted this one as I am keenly interested in the questions and
comments on youths, pop culture and religon. Pardon me for posting this
in two other places as I am curious about the replies.

Here is a prime example in an online story

www.orlandocitybeat.com/c...pop-promos

When pop culture is the only venue for exposure to religon, how does
this portray its leaders?

Kind Regards,
OldeWorldeMe