Old April 5th 05, 02:14 AM
Al Patrick

Default Pope's Death: A Defining Moment

This article is NOT MINE and I do not know the accuracy of it but I
figured a few of you would be interested in it. :-)

======

The Pope's Death: A Defining Moment
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for
light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for
bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

As I write this, Pope John Paul II is near death. Once he draws his last
breath, a Vatican official will lightly tap three times upon the
deceased pontiff's forehead with a golden hammer and call his name. Upon
receiving no reply, the cardinal chamberlain will remove John Paul's
fisherman's ring and smash it. Thus begins the pagan Romish spectacle of
choosing and crowning a new pope.

The pope's death is the dawn of a defining moment for all who claim to
be born-again followers of Jesus Christ, whether they call themselves
Protestant or evangelical or just plain Christian. It does not take a
prophet to state that the passing of Pope John Paul II will trigger a
flood of statements and discussions among Christian pro-family leaders,
talk show hosts, and nationally known preachers. It also does not take a
prophet to know that the dead pope will have mountains of compliments
heaped upon him by many of those same individuals. Going a step further,
it is safe to say that the presupposition underlying those eulogies and
the recurring theme at the heart of them will be that the pope was a
wonderful, godly man, a Christian who is now in heaven.

As I said, this is a defining moment. It is, in fact, an evangelistic
moment catching the attention of virtually the entire world. What should
any true follower of Jesus say about such a man as Pope John Paul II?
What should one who has assumed a role as a shepherd of Christ's flock
or a spokesman for His Church say about the pope? Plainly and simply
put, they should say that John Paul II was a counterfeit, a minister of
Satan (2 Corinthians 11:13-15). They should tell the truth that he was
an accursed man who deceived millions. Those who cannot tell the truth
should not say anything. Those evangelical leaders who feel so compelled
to express their affection and respect for Pope John Paul II do not seem
to know or care that they are at the same time showing anything but love
for the Roman Catholic people whom the pope has deceived and enslaved.
They are certainly not showing respect for the Word of God which the
pope, that man of sin, trod underfoot and the blood of Jesus which he
counted as an unholy thing.

The pope preached the false Roman Catholic gospel which features a false
Christ who cannot save without the aid of priests practicing pagan
rituals and penitents performing works and a pagan goddess sharing her
favors. The pope blasphemed the Lord Jesus Christ as a way of life, most
especially during the mass when he claimed to call down our Great High
Priest from the right hand of the Majesty in heaven and turn Him into a
wafer and a goblet of wine. The pope blasphemed against the Holy Spirit,
claiming to displace Him as Christ's substitute and voice on this earth.
The pope championed the cause of the Roman Catholic Virgin Mary goddess.
He prayed to her, worshiped her, and adored her. He consecrated the
nations to her. He endorsed and reveled in her demonic apparitions. He
credited her with saving his life.

There is so much which could be said about Pope John Paul II, about his
corrosive, damning influence and his pagan practices. But why belabor
the point? The truth has been apparent for all to see for twenty-six
years. And simply put, the pope was a pope. The nature of popes is the
nature of antichrist because they are antichrist just as the Roman
Catholic Church is the woman who rides the beast as described in
Revelation chapter 17. That the pope and his church are evil is an
understatement. The Word of God shows the pope to be an accursed man no
matter what good causes he may have championed.

The tragedy which is upon us is not the death of the pope, although
neither will we revel in the death nor damnation of any man. The tragedy
which is upon us and which the pope's death will clearly emphasize once
more is the dearth of integrity, discernment, and courage among
evangelical—or should I say neo-evangelical—leaders in our nation.
Remaining silent at this time, as reprehensible as that is, would be a
vast improvement to the message many such leaders will feel the need to
proclaim. The world's impression that Pope John Paul II was a true
Christian man leading the true Christian Church, teaching the true
Christian gospel will be strongly reinforced by the accolades heaped
upon the pope by evangelical leaders. At the same time, the great
milling mixture of sheep and goats which fill up the evangelical
churches in our land will be further compromised and confused. The death
of Pope John Paul II is a defining moment which will reveal the hearts
of many who present themselves as born-again, blood-washed followers of
Jesus Christ but by their words will reveal that they are either not His
or that they should not publicly represent Him.

Reams of paper could be expended documenting the heresy of Pope John
Paul II and citing the Scripture verses proving that such a man is not a
Christian, not a servant of God, and not now in heaven. But in reality,
Galatians chapter one, verses eight and nine should settle that matter:

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto
you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As
we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel
unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

Pastor Ralph Ovadal
Pilgrims Covenant Church
Old April 5th 05, 02:25 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
This article is NOT MINE and I do not know the accuracy of it but I
figured a few of you would be interested in it. :-)

Dear Al-Pocalypse®,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I am not one of those
interested in this article you've posted.

How is the Haldol working for you?

73,

Steve

Old April 5th 05, 02:47 AM
Steve

Please keep your religious superstition to the appropiate website
steve
ps the popes death is less defining than the 200 million people killed in
religious wars the last 2000 years
get a grip

Old April 5th 05, 03:11 AM
Brian Denley

Al Patrick wrote:

Now we can add Catholics to the list of people Al doesn't like!

Al's postings are bad enough. Imagine if you actually met him? Imagine
what it must be like listening to him at parties?

--
Brian Denley

Old April 5th 05, 03:33 AM
Greg

From: Al Patrick
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:14:39 -0400
Subject: Pope's Death: A Defining Moment

This article is NOT MINE and I do not know the accuracy of it but I
figured a few of you would be interested in it. :-)

You figured wrong.

(snip)

What should any true follower of Jesus say about such a man as Pope John Paul
II?

Just a wild guess, how about "Judge not, lest ye be judged?"

(snip)

There is so much which could be said about Pope John Paul II,

But, of course, this isn't the place for it.

Greg

Old April 5th 05, 03:36 AM
Al Patrick

---------

and wrote:

Please keep your religious superstition to the appropiate website
steve
ps the popes death is less defining than the 200 million people killed in
religious wars the last 2000 years
get a grip

---------

and
wrote:

And if there *is* a reply, they will summon the "Holy Sledge-Hammer"...

-=jd=-

---------

and
wrote:

Dear Al-Pocalypse®,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I am not one of those
interested in this article you've posted.

How is the Haldol working for you?

73,

Steve

----------

AND GOD WROTE:

Mt 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your
Father, which is in heaven.

But let's put it in context:

Matthew 23:1 ¶ Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do;
but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on
men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of
their fingers.

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad
their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the
synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and
all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father,
which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall
humble himself shall be exalted.

13 ¶ But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut
up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves,
neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour
widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall
receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea
and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold
more the child of hell than yourselves.

16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by
the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the
temple, he is a debtor!

17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple
that sanctifieth the gold?

18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but
whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.

19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar
that sanctifieth the gift?

20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all
things thereon.

21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that
dwelleth therein.

22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God,
and by him that sitteth thereon.

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of
mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the
law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to
leave the other undone.

24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean
the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of
extortion and excess.

26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and
platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like
unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are
within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.

28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye
are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build
the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not
have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children
of them which killed the prophets.

32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the
damnation of hell?

34 ¶ Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and
scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them
shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth,
from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of
Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest
them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy
children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings,
and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall
say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Matthew 24:1 ¶ And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple....
Old April 5th 05, 03:47 AM
Frater Nikolas 407V

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
This article is NOT MINE and I do not know the accuracy of it but I
figured a few of you would be interested in it. :-)

Tell me Albert, do you always lend your endorsement of other's rather
kooky religious beliefs, then back away after you're comfortable
that you've 'left your mark' for others to sense, much like a feral
tomcat or stray spraying his territory ?

"The Pope's Death: A Defining Moment"
Pastor Ralph Ovadal
Pilgrims Covenant Church

Here's their homepage http://www.wcuweb.com/Documents/main.html

Sort of reminds me of Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka.
Their not quite as rabid as Fred Phelp's imbred clan of phucking misfits
but they are definatly cut from the same driedout-chip-filled-cookie-dough.
That and they are an anti-Catholic group also. The link below proves it.

http://www.wcuweb.com/Documents/More...nthesepage.htm

Old April 5th 05, 04:15 AM
running dogg

Brian Denley wrote:

Al Patrick wrote:

Now we can add Catholics to the list of people Al doesn't like!

Al's postings are bad enough. Imagine if you actually met him? Imagine
what it must be like listening to him at parties?

He gets invited to parties? You mean there are actually gatherings of
people like Al that happen in the real world (as opposed to over the
internet) where they all talk about kook religion? Wow. Scary.