Old April 6th 05, 03:35 PM
Michael Love

Default WTB Software for Drake R8

I have in the past used FineWare Smart R8 Control for my R8. Mark Fine does
not sell this software anymore and I am looking to purchase a newer version
of the same software, or even something else that works well with the R8. My
version does not work with XP or even ME. My Smart R8 control software was
purchased and registered with Fineware. I am not looking to "steal" or copy
anyone's registered software, I just want to purchase it. All you
bedwetting flamers, keep it to yourself.

Old April 6th 05, 04:52 PM
David

http://www.filelibrary.com:8080/cgi-...0/smwin201.zip

Old April 7th 05, 02:58 AM
Brian Denley

Michael Love wrote:
I have in the past used FineWare Smart R8 Control for my R8. Mark
Fine does not sell this software anymore and I am looking to purchase
a newer version of the same software, or even something else that
works well with the R8. My version does not work with XP or even ME. My
Smart R8 control software was purchased and registered with
Fineware. I am not looking to "steal" or copy anyone's registered
software, I just want to purchase it. All you bedwetting flamers,
keep it to yourself.

Michael:
What version are you using? The latest version 3.23d works geat with XP

--
Brian Denley

Old April 7th 05, 03:21 AM
John

It is 2.01B and does not seem to function with XP. I am also looking for a
good program to use with my R8. Thanks

Old April 7th 05, 03:37 AM
John

I notice that the Fineware for the Drake is no longer available. Can
someone send me the 3.23 version .exe/ Thanks
m...

Old April 8th 05, 10:56 PM
Al Patrick

Check out this ERGO 4 BETA at: http://swldx.com/ergo4.htm
Old April 9th 05, 02:31 AM
Tom Holden

I did a survey a couple of years ago to find what software was available for a variety of receivers. There was not a whole lot for the Drake other than Mark Fine's RLDB and Smart R8. Since then, Mark has developed the R8 interface for the HamLib library (http://hamlib.sourceforge.net/) and an alpha level application, Smart Gnome Control, using the HamLib libraries. Any application using HamLib should work with the R8 but they seem to be mostly designed for Linux and have to be compiled from the open source code. I have compiled Dream for Windows; it has limited control of the R8 (frequency and S-meter) but it's primarily a DRM decoder and AM/SSB/CW/FM sound card IF DSP demodulator. Here's the old table, fwiw - needs updating - and has to be viewed in html.

Regards,

Tom

Software\Receiver
AOR Drake Elecraft
may use Kenwood protocol ICOM Japan Radio Kenwood Lowe Racal Ten-Tec Yaesu
BarryRimmer ILGdb & FREQ DB Most
CallSign Software SWLstation RX-320
RX-350
CI-V Commander K2 All xcvrs with CI-V Most xcvrs All xcvrs with CI-V Most xcvrs
DATOM NA Contest Logger
Deltacomm Most except R75
DX4Win NB supports user defined command set so can support custom radios. Yes Yes Yes
DXbase Yes Yes Yes Yes
DXTRA WorldStation RX-320
RX-350
Fineware Smart Control R8, R8A, R8B IC-R75 NRD-535
NRD-545 R-5000
TS-440S
Fineware Radio Listener's Database AR-7030(+) R8, R8A, R8B IC-R75 NRD-525
NRD-535
NRD-545 R-5000 RX-320 FRG-100
FTBasic by G4HFQ FRG-100
VR-5000
Logger by K4CY Many CI-V Many Paragon Many
LOGic ? Yes Yes ? Yes
LogPa freeware Yes FT1000mp
Lowe HF-250E Control by Robert Sillett HF-250E
MacIcomControl also for Kenwood, Lowe & Yaesu CI-V rigs Yes Yes Yes
MacLoggerDX AR-5000
AR-3000A AR-7030 R8B KIO2 R71A
R735 & xcvrs JST-245 R5000
& xcvrs 6790/GM Jupiter
Argonaut V Various transceivers
MacSchedKeeper "HF rigs"
NRDWIN NRD-545
prolog2k by DataMatrix Yes Yes Yes Yes
RadioComm by Paul Lutus xcvrs/rcvrs
RadioMax Yes Yes Yes Yes
RATS Various transceivers
ScanCAT Most Most Most Most RX-320 Most
SD by EI5DI xcvrs xcvrs Omni6 xcvrs
shoc-RSM AR-5000
AR-8200 IC-R75 et al NRD-545
Shortwave Log by Robert Sillett PCR-100, PCR-1000, IC-R75 NRD545, partial HF-250E
SWISSLOG Yes Yes Yes
Tcl/Tk by Robert Parnass IC-R75
IC-R8500 NRD-545
The HamLib Project Most CI-V NRD-545 Some xcvrs Some xcvrs
TR LOG by N6TR Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
TRX-Manager Various transceivers NRD-545 Various transceivers Omni VI transceivers Various transceivers VR-5000
WJ2O Master QSO Logger (mlog) free Yes Yes Yes Yes
WriteLog Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
XMLog free Yes Yes ? Yes
YPLog by VE6YP All All All Some
zLOG by JJ1MED free probably Yes probably

Many CI-V compatible applications can be found at CI-V Information pages by DF4OR supporting Icom, Kenwood.

Last updated: 09 February 2003

Old April 9th 05, 04:12 AM
Brian Denley

Tom Holden wrote:
I did a survey a couple of years ago to find what software was
available for a variety of receivers. There was not a whole lot for
the Drake other than Mark Fine's RLDB and Smart R8.

There is a new program called RxPlus: http://www.cam.org/~noelbou/RxPlus/
that will control the R8A, R8B and many other receivers.

This software not only controls your receiver but also provides audio DSP
tools including demodulation of RTTY, PSK, FAX. This control program is
definitely worth a look.

--
Brian Denley