Old April 8th 05, 06:29 PM
Al Patrick

Default Catholicism vs. Bible

Ex 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

NOT EVEN MARY??

Mt 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your
Father, which is in heaven.

NOT EVEN HOMOSEXUAL PRIESTS? CARDINALS? POPES?

Let me know if you'd like a couple dozen more!
Old April 8th 05, 06:38 PM
Mike Lee

Al Patrick wrote:
Ex 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

NOT EVEN MARY??

Mt 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your
Father, which is in heaven.

NOT EVEN HOMOSEXUAL PRIESTS? CARDINALS? POPES?

Let me know if you'd like a couple dozen more!

Hear, hear.... I agree......
Its the bloody popes fault that the priests dont have a wife or cant get
married. This goes against what the bible states, but then again we are
talking "Catholic Church" here arent we a power unto its self.

Yep Henry the 8th do us a favour, I reckon.

Now you watch all the perfect do gooders attack this now.

As if I care............
Old April 8th 05, 08:15 PM
FDR

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
Ex 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

NOT EVEN MARY??

Mary isn't a God in the Catholic religion.

Mt 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your
Father, which is in heaven.

You mean even my dad isn't my father?

Old April 8th 05, 08:41 PM

Al - you need to post this stuff on alt.religious.horse****!

Old April 9th 05, 02:33 AM
running dogg

Mike Lee wrote:

Al Patrick wrote:
Ex 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

NOT EVEN MARY??

Mt 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your
Father, which is in heaven.

NOT EVEN HOMOSEXUAL PRIESTS? CARDINALS? POPES?

Let me know if you'd like a couple dozen more!

Hear, hear.... I agree......
Its the bloody popes fault that the priests dont have a wife or cant get
married. This goes against what the bible states, but then again we are
talking "Catholic Church" here arent we a power unto its self.

Yep Henry the 8th do us a favour, I reckon.

Now you watch all the perfect do gooders attack this now.

As if I care............

Well, originally, priests could get married and have kids. This was
changed sometime centuries ago (I forget when) because-get this-the
status of priests in Catholic societies was drastically declining
because of their numerous affairs and illegitimate children. The Church,
in a typical case of a befuddled bureaucracy, thought that enforced
celibacy would solve the situation. Instead it just created problems
elsewhere (homosexuality and child molestation).

As for Henry VIII, he wanted to divorce his wife, the Church said no, so
he created his own church with him as its head which conveniently
allowed him to marry and divorce as much as he wanted. Since he was the
King, and kings had absolute power back then, the rest of the populace
was forced to join the king's church, and that's how Britain turned
Protestant. If you have absolute control over a group of people, be you
Henry VIII or Gene Scott, you're in a peachy situation as you can order
them around like slaves, change direction on a dime, and they have no
choice but to follow you.

Another person who took advantage of this sort of situation was Joseph
Smith. Unable to control his lust for teenage girls, he simply wrote his
lusts into the religion he controlled, called it a Revelation From God,
and his sheep blindly followed him, marrying off every girl 14 and older
(Smith's age limit) that they could get their hands on, and marrying off
girls as soon as they turned 14.

No wonder George W. Bush has said it would be wonderful (for him) if he
was a dictator, since a dictator who is blindly followed can do whatever
he wants and see his world change along with him. It must be quite a
rush to change the world by will alone, like being on acid except it's
REAL and not a hallucination-the "high" never comes crashing down to
earth.

Old April 9th 05, 03:33 AM
D. Martin

I'm not going to enhance your debate with anything imparticular. I
just wanted to drop by, and report, that the pope continues to not be
alive. Darren
http://hometown.aol.com/darren1965co...e/profile.html

Old April 9th 05, 07:32 AM
Honus

"running dogg" wrote in message

Well, originally, priests could get married and have kids. This was
changed sometime centuries ago (I forget when) because-get this-the
status of priests in Catholic societies was drastically declining
because of their numerous affairs and illegitimate children. The Church,
in a typical case of a befuddled bureaucracy, thought that enforced
celibacy would solve the situation. Instead it just created problems
elsewhere (homosexuality and child molestation).

That's asinine. Celibacy does not turn you into a homosexual or a pedophile.
The culture of the church may have attracted some of them, but not having
sex doesn't turn you into some sort of deviant.

Otherwise, cuhulin would be a registered sex offender. Unless, perhaps...are
you registered, cuhulin?

Old April 9th 05, 04:12 PM
Howard

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 06:32:59 GMT, "Honus"
wrote:

"running dogg" wrote in message

Well, originally, priests could get married and have kids. This was
changed sometime centuries ago (I forget when) because-get this-the
status of priests in Catholic societies was drastically declining
because of their numerous affairs and illegitimate children. The Church,
in a typical case of a befuddled bureaucracy, thought that enforced
celibacy would solve the situation. Instead it just created problems
elsewhere (homosexuality and child molestation).

That's asinine. Celibacy does not turn you into a homosexual or a pedophile.
The culture of the church may have attracted some of them, but not having
sex doesn't turn you into some sort of deviant.

Otherwise, cuhulin would be a registered sex offender. Unless, perhaps...are
you registered, cuhulin?

There's probably a "Megan's Law" website for the state he lives in -
could be worth checking out.

Old April 10th 05, 03:16 AM
m II

Honus wrote:

He'll register when they pry his hands off his cold dead gland.

Mmmm...I rarely take issue with your jibes, but I in this instance I do
think cold dead "glans" would have fit better.

Righdt ydou ared. It'sd just thadt I have the odpossite of sdtuck 'd' key on
thisd keydboard.

midke II

Old April 10th 05, 05:54 AM
k35454

"Honus" wrote in message

To distastefully paraphrase a well known quote:

He'll register when they pry his hands off his cold dead gland.

Mmmm...I rarely take issue with your jibes, but I in this instance I do
think cold dead "glans" would have fit better.

Not at first "glance". k35454.

A Tribute to the Bible Al Patrick Shortwave 67 March 4th 05 01:46 AM
Bible Voice B04 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 13th 04 10:03 PM
Bishop of Oxford writes "Gay love's fine, it's all in the Bible" The REAL Agent Smith General 0 July 1st 03 02:04 PM
Bishop of Oxford writes "Gay love's fine, it's all in the Bible" The REAL Agent Smith Scanner 0 July 1st 03 02:04 PM