Old April 10th 05, 03:53 PM
Brian Hill

Default FA R8A

This looks like a good deal. buy it now with spker $550 ?

73 and good DXing.
Brian
A lot of radios and 100' of rusty wire!
Zumbrota, Southern MN
Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/

EMAIL-
(Hide the $100 to reply!)

Old April 10th 05, 04:15 PM
dxAce

Brian Hill wrote:

This looks like a good deal. buy it now with spker $550 ?

Gone now!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 10th 05, 10:59 PM
thecop

How can I get in touch with him?

John, KB2COP

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
John Figalozzi has his R8A for sale for about $525

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

Couldn't resist? You are dxace2?

Figured I'd sell off the speaker and the service manual. We'll see

about
the
receiver.

Watch out RadioMart, here I come!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I think it was a good deal too. I almost bought it but my old R-5000

serves
me well.

Also I've never had an R8A so I thought I'd give myself the opportunity

play
with one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8 and R8B.

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

When you decide or if you sell? Let me have a shot at it Steve. Ok?
Thanks

Old April 10th 05, 11:19 PM
mike maghakian

I never said he did

but for someone that wants just the R8A, that is a great price

"dxAce" wrote in message

mike maghakian wrote:

John Figalozzi has his R8A for sale for about $525

With the matching speaker and a service manual?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 10th 05, 11:24 PM
mike maghakian

It is fairly clear what I said and it is the plain truth

the sync detector on the R8B/Sat 800/SW8 is far superior to what the R8A can
do on SWBC reception, the R8A has a useless notch and PBT compared to the
selectable sideband sync.

the 800 is not designed for the narrow bandwidth requirements of CW and some
other utes

If you can't understand this, well I am sorry for you. go back and get an
education in electronics and radio technology. I would offer to help but you
are too arrogant for me to waste my time with.

Mike

"dxAce" wrote in message

mike maghakian wrote:

the satellit 800 is a better SWL receiver, the R8A is a better
utility/SSB
receiver

Huh?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 10th 05, 11:24 PM
mike maghakian

I replied direct so I don't post his email on the net just in case he
doesn't want it posted on the net

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message

Old April 11th 05, 12:03 AM
Jorma DeLuxe

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
the satellit 800 is a better SWL receiver, the R8A is a better utility/SSB
receiver

Got R8B, R8A and Sat 800. With a Wellbrook loop this is decidedly NOT the
case. And I kept my 4th Sat 800 because the others were crap. And the RX-340
beats them all. All receivers are connected to the antenna with a RF Systems
DA-8.

I still like my Sat 800 though, much better than the Sat 700, Sat 650 FE,
and Sat 210 on SW despite what some claim. But when it comes to SQ the 210
and the 650 rule.

Just my opinion.

Jorma

Old April 11th 05, 12:15 AM
RHF

DX Ace,
=2E
Enjoy Listening to your 'new-to-you' Drake R8A Receiver )
=2E
OBTW - Are you enjoying your Diego Garcia Navy Support Facility Ball
Caps?
=2E
Diego Garcia Navy Support Facility ( NAVSUPPFACDG )
British Indian Ocean Territory ( B.I.O.T. )
7=B020'S 72=B025'E
http://www.dg.navy.mil/
Note - The nice Time Check feature in the left-bottom-corner.
=2E
About - Diego Garcia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Garcia
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ego-garcia.htm
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ia-imagery.htm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...IA-DG-BIOT.jpg
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...go-garcia1.jpg

=2E
=2E
as always - more that you wanted to know ~ RHF=20
=2E . . . .

Old April 11th 05, 02:22 AM
mike maghakian

if only Tecsun had better production quality,,,,now the 800 will never be
the legend it could have been if they were all produced well

even I got a lemon 800, it is in pieces in a closet waiting to be put back
together and sent to Drake. the quality of construction is NOT impressive
!!!!!

I was sold it used and was taken. I had bought several 800's before and this
was the first bad one. I bought this one to experiment with and didn't want
to do too much to my main 800. I had sold my other 800's to friends and they
all love the 800, even my friend with an RX-340

I still have a gem 800 and it is out of this world. wouldn't give it up for
anything, except an RX-340 or R8B